Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 51 of 74

Re: how to make a formal complaint

Go to solution

@Barron23 wrote:
Previously been in credit with my bill and payment gone from £16.50 to £ 30.50 I've been told I will receive a credit but will have to make 3 months payment then will receive credit for something I never request. I spoke to scottish unhelpful man after I had waited 3 days for a call then start doing chat for them to contact me. He said if I didn't have the extra to pay each month cancel the direct debit but then I will be charge for not having direct debit can't win either way.

Can anyone help?

Without more detail I'll have to make some guesses. I take it you are on the Monthly Payment Plan and have telephone only, so the chances are that your monthly usage doesn't vary much.

The MPP is therefore not much use even if it works properly, and it becomes worse than useless when things go wrong, which is not uncommon. The best thing you can do is switch to monthly whole bill direct debit payment. That will ensure you are billed only a month in advance and that your account is settled monthly with no danger of the erroneous charges that can occur with MPP. If you do that soon enough the credit you have accrued will be applied to your next bill, with a correspondingly low payment.

You can do it online or with Billing Live Chat. If you're asked to set up a DD just give the existing details.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
pgh7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 74

Go to solution

Hi , I too need to make a formal complaint as we are now in our 8th week of no service due to a snapped overhead line. We are still paying our monthly direct debit but have no service. As I do not know how long this will will go for and have not received a date as to when the fault will be fixed, where do I go from here ?

Tags (1)
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 74

Go to solution

@pgh7 wrote:

Hi , I too need to make a formal complaint as we are now in our 8th week of no service due to a snapped overhead line. We are still paying our monthly direct debit but have no service. As I do not know how long this will will go for and have not received a date as to when the fault will be fixed, where do I go from here ?

You complaint is already being dealt with here.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Re-Broken-phone-line/m-p/1455333#M41942

Remember, its Openreach that deal with external phone lines, so I would expect that BT Retail are chasing up Openreach to get it repaired.

Message 54 of 74

Go to solution
I'd also like to make a formal complaint where do I go..
Seraph
Contributor
Message 55 of 74

Go to solution

The address that posters here may be looking for is

BT PLC Correspondence Centre Durham DH98 1BTT

Seraph
Contributor
Message 56 of 74

Go to solution

Only saying.....

There are some here whose landline goes down and asking what they may receive as compensation. BT SHOULD be pre-empting these questions and advising their customers what they will/can do for them.

Here's what BT state in their residential/small business Code of Practice

bt service.png

Message 57 of 74

Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. If you're having problems with any aspect of your BT service then please post in the relevant board and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 58 of 74

Go to solution

@Seraph wrote:
In addition whilst it has my handle against it I cannot edit it to add this information.

Just for information, you can only edit a message for an hour after posting it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Seraph
Contributor
Message 59 of 74

Go to solution
I did not provide the address above. Mods have apparently "corrected" the address I supplied
malcolmjc
Beginner
Message 60 of 74

Go to solution

I would like to make a formal complaint about the fact that it is impossible to make a formal complaint.It seems as if the easiest way is to e mail them like any other company.But they obviously know that and make it impossoible for us to use that avenue and make it has difficult as possible.Mal