cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

important issue, accessing website for online course

Go to solution

HI, I need urgent help in identifying issue. I am about to start new training program which is online. I have had problems in accessing their website. Transpires this is an issue for BT customers only. Company say they are trying to sort out problem but don't know how long it has been going on for.  https://www.bodycoretraining.com/blog/ initially came up as BT page, might be a scam but now typically comes up as unsupported.     They are a verified company.

Message -

Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Is this an issue in how website has been created/supported or is BT blocking it. Looking at BT community it would be pointless ringing BT to try and see what issue is.

Hope somebody can help. I can't even register at the moment. They have suggested using mobile data to access forms but using mobile data can be costly. 

Helen

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: important issue, accessing website for online course

Go to solution

I've just tried the site and it's working fine for me... 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Working fine for me as well using BT broadband and no parental controls.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
thanks, the company said other BT users have issues in accessing site, so do you know what my issue might be. I don't need to use parental controls so presume it must be something else. I normally use chrome and have safari - have tried that, still didnt work.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

It's down to BT's Web Protect. I tried the link and was refused entry with a Secure Connection Failed message. A bit of fiddling pointed the finger at Web Protect and, sure enough, when I turned it off I could access the site from the link.

To turn off Web Protect go to MyBT > "Your security" at the top > zap it. Your choice whether to leave it off pending any resolution of the issue. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Further to my previous message, I turned Web Protect back on and find that I can still access the site. Maybe Web Protect just needs a kick in the butt now and then.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, only just seen your message. Yes this did work so thank you but suppose it means I will have to switch activation off and back on or I would be open to scam/fake sites. I only need to look at site briefly but still useful.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

Further to my previous message, I turned Web Protect back on and find that I can still access the site. Maybe Web Protect just needs a kick in the butt now and then.

A couple of days later, I've just tried the link again and was blocked. So turning Web Protect off then on again is not an onging solution. Web of Trust (Google it) is a free browser add-on with a similar function, using a warning system rather than arbitrarily blocking iffy sites. I've had it installed for years without issue.

Whatever, it's good to hear that you can do your training.

--
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
thanks for suggestion, can't see a thumbs up icon.
0 Ratings