cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

landline trf to Virgin Media against my wishes

I called BT to request that I did not want BY to close my BT account and was promised it would not be.  However yesterday received final bill from BT and my landline is dead since 31.3.21.

I had cancelled request with Virgin Media and was assured it had been done.  However Virgin Media have transferred my landline to themselves and to add insult to injury NOT PORTED MY BT NUMBER OVER - I always told them I wanted to keep my original number.

I am now stuck in the middle - both BT and Virgin Media have ignored my requests and I have lost my BT number too.

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME TO GET ME BACK TO BT WITH MY ORIGINAL PHONE NUMBER.  I AM STILL WITHIN MY 14 DAY COOLING OFF PERIOD AS MY NUMBER WAS DISCONNECTED ON 31.3.21

Urgent help required please

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: landline trf to Virgin Media against my wishes

@1VM 

As you are not a current BT Retail customer, this forum cannot help.

You need to cancel your Virgin Media service and place a new order for a phone line from BT Retail. Once this is working, you can then request a re-number back to your original BT Retail number, as Virgin Media would have returned your number back to BT Retail once you had cancelled with them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: landline trf to Virgin Media against my wishes

Thank you for your reply.

Virgin Media have not ported my number and given me one of their own.

I do not wish to lose my number of 35 years and need someone to advise how this can be sorted out to put me back to my original position with BT.

0 Ratings