cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgreg
Beginner
527 Views
Message 1 of 20

new fibre

we want to upgrade to superfast fibre and have a new duct in our driver ready and another one from the house to an annex. when they  install will they use these and connect to the annex at the same tiem or do i need to pay more please?

 

we currently have overhead connection which I dont want to use now

thx

19 REPLIES 19
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
525 Views
Message 2 of 20

Re: new fibre

@dgreg 

Are you a BT Retail customer?

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
522 Views
Message 3 of 20

Re: new fibre


@dgreg wrote:

we want to upgrade to superfast fibre and have a new duct in our driver ready and another one from the house to an annex. when they  install will they use these and connect to the annex at the same tiem or do i need to pay more please?

Did Openreach provide the duct or did you provide it unilaterally? Fibre installation will just be to one location at your premises unless you order 2 discrete services.

 

we currently have overhead connection which I dont want to use now

You don't get to choose, it depends on the infrastructure in your area.

thx


 

dgreg
Beginner
507 Views
Message 4 of 20

Re: new fibre

ok thx

dgreg
Beginner
505 Views
Message 5 of 20

Re: new fibre

no not yet im with sky until tomorrow when my contract's up

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
497 Views
Message 6 of 20

Re: new fibre


@dgreg wrote:

no not yet im with sky until tomorrow when my contract's up


Its actually Openreach that install the connection, not BT Retail, so you will have to discuss it with Openreach, when they visit.

I assume you have a pending order with BT Retail at the moment, so you should be able to track that via MyBT.

dgreg
Beginner
473 Views
Message 7 of 20

Re: new fibre

no not yet i need to arrange but was hesitant to do online until i had confirmed they'd go through trench

 

thx

pippincp
Sage
468 Views
Message 8 of 20

Re: new fibre

How do they get from the pole to your duct?

 

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
463 Views
Message 9 of 20

Re: new fibre


@dgreg wrote:

no not yet i need to arrange but was hesitant to do online until i had confirmed they'd go through trench

 

thx


So I guess you have just put a duct in without consulting Openreach as to its suitability.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
462 Views
Message 10 of 20

Re: new fibre


@dgreg wrote:

no not yet i need to arrange but was hesitant to do online until i had confirmed they'd go through trench

 

thx


If you already have an overhead connection from a pole, then it will come the same way.