cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

new fibre

we want to upgrade to superfast fibre and have a new duct in our driver ready and another one from the house to an annex. when they  install will they use these and connect to the annex at the same tiem or do i need to pay more please?

we currently have overhead connection which I dont want to use now

thx

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: new fibre

@dgreg 

Are you a BT Retail customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

@dgreg wrote:

we want to upgrade to superfast fibre and have a new duct in our driver ready and another one from the house to an annex. when they  install will they use these and connect to the annex at the same tiem or do i need to pay more please?

Did Openreach provide the duct or did you provide it unilaterally? Fibre installation will just be to one location at your premises unless you order 2 discrete services.

we currently have overhead connection which I dont want to use now

You don't get to choose, it depends on the infrastructure in your area.

thx

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

ok thx

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

no not yet im with sky until tomorrow when my contract's up

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

@dgreg wrote:

no not yet im with sky until tomorrow when my contract's up

Its actually Openreach that install the connection, not BT Retail, so you will have to discuss it with Openreach, when they visit.

I assume you have a pending order with BT Retail at the moment, so you should be able to track that via MyBT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

no not yet i need to arrange but was hesitant to do online until i had confirmed they'd go through trench

thx

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

How do they get from the pole to your duct?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

@dgreg wrote:

no not yet i need to arrange but was hesitant to do online until i had confirmed they'd go through trench

thx

So I guess you have just put a duct in without consulting Openreach as to its suitability.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

@dgreg wrote:

thx

If you already have an overhead connection from a pole, then it will come the same way.