cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iceman22
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

openreach cables and dp covered

IMG_3135.jpgdp in the caseingopenreach cannot get to the dp as covered by metal covering see photo can openreach cut into the metal casing 

8 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: openreach cables and dp covered

You would need to ask Openreach that question although I suspect that if the cover does not belong to Openreach they would need to seek the permission of the owner before doing anything.

Iceman22
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Many thanks open reach will not contact the Factors in glasgow i have e mailed them to ask if openreach can cut open the casing to get to the cables and dp so my son can have internet in his flat. Just hope i can get a answer from the factors  

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I doubt Openreach will cut anything open. You would need to get the factor to do that.

Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

As was replied to you in your previous post this does not look like Openreach /BT trunking. I suspect it was installed over the cabling and the DP by contractors working on behalf of the building owners/ admin company.
Suggest you get hold of them to do the cutting/removal to allow Openreach to access their DP.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Iceman22
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Many thanks a email has gone to the factors awaiting a repy from them
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

Was it an Openreach person who told you that the DP had been made inaccessible by this metal  trunking ?, what sort of building is it ?, apartment blocks are not usually fed by an external wall block with wiring ran externally to each individual unit ( although it's not impossible, especially if the building wasn't originally residential , or very old  ) it's more common that wiring was installed 'internally' through risers etc.

Have any of your neighbour's got service via Openreach ?, how did the get their lines installed.

Iceman22
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

many trhank for reply 

Yes openreach told my son that the dp and cabling is behide this caseing and have no access to enter to the DP i have e mailed the factors inGlasgow on this matter i think openreach have been there before to put phone lines in but i shall wait and see what the factors say 

Iceman22
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

No reply from the factors and over the phone it`s nothing to do with them in a catch 22 situation the only way to is to vigin media which is very costly not bad for v1sst year then wow up it goes rip off so there is no competion for other telecom companies in that area if openreach cannot get to there lines and dp`s it`s a shame that you cannot talk to openreach dircet (are they (MI5 OR MI6 ) There must be away they can open up the casing without permisson if there are flauts on the lines and dp be intresting what openreach would say or do.