cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

telephone pole

Hi

Does anyone know why there would be an engineer working at the top of a telephone pole at 12.30am?

I went out for a cigarette and noticed a man in high vis at the top of the telephone pole outside my house and he looked like he struggling to get his foot on the ladder. when i opened the door to go back into house he noticed me and when i looked out of window a couple of minutes later he was gone.

I cant think of legitimate reason why an engineer would be doing that sort of work at that time

Cant find anywhere that i can enquire

any thoughts are appreciated

chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: telephone pole

@Chrisjenks 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This has nothing to do with BT Retail, as they would be from Openreach, or if its a shared pole with electricity, then it could be from them.

Message 3 of 5

Sounds incredibly dodgy, I doubt it was an Openreach technician ,  working like that is inherently unsafe , but it’s not just a Openreach that ‘work’ on Openreach infrastructure , these days it seems any Tom , **bleep** or Harry can be employed by ‘Cheap as chips Telecom Ltd.’ and do pretty much whatever they want, whenever they want , but it’s no more a ‘BT’ issue than it would be an issue for Sky or Talk Talk .

Message 4 of 5

Sounds suspect to me. Engineers do sometimes work out of hours on Welfare Cases but they shouldn’t be climbing without the appropriate lighting.

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an Alt Net Knuckle Dragger.

Message 5 of 5

Possibly a business customer off the pole. with a TotalCare (or whatever its now called) contract, where repairs are within 5 hours 27*7, but I think that may only apply to certain types of Private Services.