on 23-11-2013 14h35
I have activated BTSport this morning but have been unable to watch any channels on the BTSport online player. I am using Google Chrome, Windows 7.
I am able to sign in however, when I click 'Watch Now' on the BTSport 1/2 or ESPN, the next page fails to load and I receive the following error:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
I have tried the following:
Any further suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
on 23-11-2013 18h31
Same problem for me.
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or etc etc......
Running windows 7 with both explorer and firefox. Interestingly my android app works fine on my phone so it seems PC/windows specific.
on 26-11-2013 14h10
Speaking to support last night they say I have to use Windows 8. I too can watch on my iphone but not on my pc or laptop. I am running Windows 7 and goggle chrome. I have tried IE 10 and updating silverlight. I would like to resolve this issue for the big match on Sunday.
on 28-11-2013 9h02
on 28-11-2013 22h03
I'm sure you don't need Windows 8 for it to work. I know plenty of people on Windows 7 who used it fine.
None of the error codes listed in the BT Sport Help Section are of any use, I can't even got onto the page on which an error code might appear.
Very dissapointed with the customer service from BT Sport so far, the online chat answers have been completely bizzaire and change completely depending on who you speak to.
on 02-12-2013 10h40
We are flagging this issue to the product team. If you can send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile I can have it chased up.
on 08-12-2013 13h04
Following my forum post above and follow up email to the mods, I'm happy to confirm that BT have resolved my query.
Turns out I was using incorrect log-in details, in particular the email address I was using to log-in (my new BT email) was not the correct one. I should have been using the email address and password I used when initially signing up to BT Internet.
For those having similar issues, it's worth double checking that you're using the correct email! (The support team should be able to confirm whether the log-in details you are trying to use are correct).
Thanks again to Stuart and Neil of the support team for their prompt assistance.
on 08-12-2013 14h20