Contributor
jfsfoster

BT Sport app for Xbox 360 and PS3.

I've read that there will be a BT Sport app for Android and iOS (they should also support Windows Phone). But I would like to see an app for Xbox 360 and the PS3 (and their soon to be launched replacements). They should also support other STBs and smart TVs. 

I've got a feeling that they will only put it on the YouView and Vision + boxes. They should do the same thing with BT TV and the 18 extra channels for Infinity customers.

Aspiring Expert
magpie03

Re: BT Sport app for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Would be nice but I think BT will stick to to Laptop/Smartphone for now!
Contributor
Wingreen

The ability to watch BT Sport on the "big screen" would be a huge bonus. For those of us who (only) have a PS3 it would be great if a "geek" could show us how. I'm guessing it should be possible (am I missing the bleedin' obvious here?) as PS3 does have an internet browser.

Similarly, would there be some (cheap!) way of seeing on a TV (via PS3?) whatever can be receieved on something like a Nexus 7?

Expert
umpire

Wingreen wrote:

The ability to watch BT Sport on the "big screen" would be a huge bonus. For those of us who (only) have a PS3 it would be great if a "geek" could show us how. I'm guessing it should be possible (am I missing the bleedin' obvious here?) as PS3 does have an internet browser.

Similarly, would there be some (cheap!) way of seeing on a TV (via PS3?) whatever can be receieved on something like a Nexus 7?

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. Can you use the web browser on the PS3 to view the BT Sport stream on your TV? I suppose it will depend on exactly which protocol and encoding they use to transmit it and whether the PS3 browser supports it and any necessary plug-ins. I don't think BT have released any details yet, but I may be wrong. 

Expert
umpire

[ Edited ]

According to this help page BT say they will keep an eye on the console market in future.

It says you need to have the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in installed and does say it will work on smart TV's that support that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44489/c/348,6466,6466

Aspiring Contributor
Briggers

[ Edited ]

You wouldnt be able to use the PS3 browser as it doesnt support Silverlight.

Your best bet would be a PC or laptop with hdmi out connected to your tv