Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BT Sport on my Freeview Tv

Hello, I am an existing BT customer with line rental and BT broadband. I would like to know how I get the BT Sports channels (free to existing broadband customers) on my Freeview tv. I don't have a Freeview box, the receiver is build into the television. I have no interest in adding a BT TV package to my subscription. The channels have appeared on the TV guide but I have no idea where to go or what to do so to receive the channel once it begins airing.
Guru

Re: BT Sport on my Freeview Tv

In essence, without a Vision Box, you cannot subscribe to them on Freeview.

Okay, so how does one go about getting a 'vision box' ? Also I live in an area where there in no infinity fibre broadband.
Guru

[ Edited ]
You will be able to get BT Sports 1 & 2 in SD through the arial, with a Vision + Box and a card.

Give BT a ring to sort out a package.

Or if you don't want a package you can watch them online. You can also atatch a PC to your TV.
Aspiring Contributor

I am in exactly the same position as Chris_d9, can someone please tell me what I have to do to be able to watch BT sport on my mac?

EQUIPMENT: BT2500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4.
Aspiring Expert

bee2tee wrote:
I am in exactly the same position as Chris_d9, can someone please tell me what I have to do to be able to watch BT sport on my mac?

Simple:

1) Install Microsoft Silverlight for Mac

2) Log into My BT and ensure you have 'activated' BT Sport in 'My Extras'

3) Tomorrow, go to the BT Sport Website and login using your My BT login.

Distinguished Guru

Chris_d9 wrote:
Okay, so how does one go about getting a 'vision box' ? Also I live in an area where there in no infinity fibre broadband.

You order BT Vision through the web site, or by phone.  You will have to pay a connection fee, plus a monthly subscription to BT Vision (only the sport add-on is free).

If you are in a non-Infinity area, you need a BT Vision box, not a YouView box.  Before you order, check that you can get Film4 on your TV.  If you can't, then you won't get BT Sport either, as they are transmitted on the same multiplex.

Aspiring Expert

Connect from laptop to tv
Aspiring Contributor

Thanks Colin, I have installed Silverlight for Mac, but can you please tell me where I find 'My Extras' to  'activate' BT Sport?

I have looked at My BT and BT Sport webpages and am unable to see any way of gaining access to BT Sport.

EQUIPMENT: BT2500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4.
Aspiring Expert