Aspiring Contributor
bee2tee

Re: BT Sport on my Freeview Tv

Thanks again Colin, I have done that, and quickly received an email confirming my order for BT Sport with an order number etc and no charge.  Couple of last questions:-

1 I do not have a smartphone or tablet, am I correct in thinking therefore I don't need to download the BT Sport App?

2 I visited BT Sport and it said that I was already logged in.   There did not appear to be anything live to check my access, but I was able to watch Steven Gerrard: The early days , does being able to watch that confirm that I have access or can anyone watch that?

Sorry if I appear to be a bit thick.

EQUIPMENT: BT2500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4.
Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

Top right of the http://sport.bt.com website is a box that says "Watch now". Click it to watch. You don't need an app.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Aspiring Contributor
bee2tee

Thanks yet again Colin, you are a gem.  I have set up the account and it said "Your profile is now set up. You do not have BT Sport on this account yet. If you have recently placed an order for BT Sport, please bear with us as we update our records, you will be able to watch online soon."  Shame as I would have liked to have watch Arsenal, but there will be more games to watch I am sure.

One small gripe about BT, they sent me two emails immediately before I received the email confirming my order for BT Sport, and in the first it said that "We'll send you an email when your My BT account is set up, which will include a link to activate it." but there was no link in the email to do that, only a link to "Download the BT Sport App".

Thanks anyway.

EQUIPMENT: BT2500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4.
Distinguished Guru
Ectophile

There's no "app" as such for watching it on a PC.  However, you do need Microsoft Silverlight installed.

Aspiring Contributor
bee2tee

Sorry sailing, I have just realised that in my previous post, I should have thanked you rather than Colin: unfortunately, it appears that I am now not able to edit my previous post :smileysad:

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

No worries :smileywink:
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star