Contributor
johngardner42
Accepted Solution

BT Sports on Smart TV,Kindle Fire and PC

Is there any prospect of the Bt Sport player being available on more devices,without the need for Silverlight ?

I cannot access the player on my LG Smart TV, Kindle Fire, or my PC ( which runs Linux),and in each case it seems that the need for Silverlight is the common issue.

The Kindle Fire issue is the inability to download the file unless you have a device recognised by Google Play or Apple store. Cannot the apk file be made available as a download from the BT site? I would like to try sideloading the app to my Kindle.

Guru
guilbo

Re: BT Sports on Smart TV,Kindle Fire and PC

[ Edited ]

I have found the apk. Works a treat on my fire. No Silverlight complaints or anything.

Of course for all I know its been hacked to send all your bank details to the Russians but given that I never use my fire for anything sensitive I don't really care that much. So download and use strictly at your own risk.

Contributor
johngardner42

Thank you Guilbo , works a treat for me too!

Contributor
johngardner42

Having solved the Kindle problem, thanks to Guilbo, I can now connect to my Lg Smart tv,(when the cable arrives from Amazon!). Now 2 for 3! If only I can resolve the PC problem!!

Aspiring Contributor
mike007

thank you just tried it works a treat.why can't bt no do this

. thanks again

Guru
guilbo

Welcome.

Possibly because they haven't managed to test it properly. The Amazon policy of making it difficult to get hold of apps does rather restrict things. If only Google would allow Kindle Fires to use the app store things would be a whole lot easier, but that would be aiding the competition wouldn't it? So I think they prefer "bite me" as a notion there.

Aspiring Contributor
Vivash

It would be great to get a link for any app which would enable me to play ant Bt Sport Channel on my Kindle Fire HD.  The Bt sports app from Amazon does not allow this.

Expert
zulu17

@Vivash -- the link in guibo post earlier in this thread (the solution) post works for the Kindle Fire 

Contributor
johngardner42

@vivash - The link to the apk file has been edited out of guibo's posting.Send me a private posting and I will try to find the site again

Guru
guilbo

[ Edited ]

Yeah the mod team were a bit concerned that it was an unsupported and possible dodgy source and therefore was a bit of a risky suggestion. Probably quite wise.

They're checking on the status of a bona fide version becoming available, but given current loading that may take a while.