Contributor
CullodenMuir
Accepted Solution

Error Code 6025 and VC019

My PC downloaded BT Sport OK until today when it failed to display video wth the error message "6025 Cannot display video VC019.

Any solutions ?

I cannot find VC019 on the help files

Thanks

Contributor
yongkuk

Re: Error Code 6025 and VC019

Welcome to the error VC019 club 129, 578 members and rising.

Contributor
CullodenMuir

Had a long talk with helpdesk operative.

He was anxious to help and tried hard even getting me to install GoToAssist so that he could screen share with me, unfortunately he could not get this to work.

He then asked me to boot up my laptop and try that - it gave "unable to display page" immediately after entering username and password. BBC iPlayer and YouTube both worked OK so he thought it must be a BT server issue.

Then he said that he would consult with his second line helpdesk and call me back between 9.00pm and 9.10pm.

It is now 9.55 and he has not called me as promised.

Can Moderator help please ?

Contributor
yongkuk

There is no help, it is just a poor implementation. It works on a couple of OS with certain browsers and certain video cards, but there is no across the board compatibility. Exceptionally bad QA processes are to blame. You know what, instead of paying Rio Ferdinard silly money per week to appear on the channel, they could have hired a load of QA people and developers to get this working, but instead thye took peoples money for something that barely works and used that money to pay those retired footballers to spout their half-baked journalism on air.

Contributor
CullodenMuir

Laptop can now get service OK but problem persists on my desktop.

This machine got BT Sport OK until last night and I am not aware of any changes or updates.

It still logs me on but when asked to stream video gives the message "6025 unable to playback video. Err VC019"

I'm tempted to go for a system restore to see if this works but would seek expert advice first please.

My only alternative is to cancel BT Sport and forget it as the helpdesk last night could not find a solution.

Moderator - I'd appreciate a link to contact you please.

Contributor
CullodenMuir

A friend in the village gave me a "possible solution" this morning which seemed ridiculous, but I tried it.

At bottom RHS of screen right click on the time. Select adjust date/time. Select Internet Time. Select Change Settings. Select Update Now and then repeat this again.

Seems ridiculous because the time was correct at the start, however IT WORKED. I now have BT Sport streaming correctly!

Amazing - please let helpdesk know !

crocodidlio

Fantastic, updating the time has done the trick for me too!

BT need to get this posted somewhere so that other people can sort this out without having to dig through the internet to find the answer.

Contributor
yongkuk

Wow, I just did that and ...... It didn't work, although i did see a new error code. I am very upset as I am missing the Claire balding Show.

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

Apart from myself and others posting this all over these forums, it's here http://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-via-the-App-or/Top-tips-for-Silverlight-Issues-with-wat...
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
grindrod

With respect. If your link is a BT answer to our problem then surely it should be included in their 'Help' screen.
The fact that you and others have posted the link elsewhere is of no help or consequence to BT Sport users with the problem that is the title of this screen.
Incidentally it is not for BT or its moderators to try and change millions of computers to their specs. If I can watch High Definition from XBMC through a Raspberry Pi (£35 computer) then surely BT can do the same without all this rigmarole for BT Sport.
I am not impressed by BT - if you don't have SKY you can't watch it - I thought the idea of BT Sport was to get people off SKY?????