Aspiring Contributor
HornetMaX
Accepted Solution

VC 019 - found a NEW solution !!

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I was stuck on VC019 error with BT Sports on my PC (while it was woprking fine on a MacBookPro and the App was working fine too on my Android phone). I followed all the step in the procedure described in the sticky post in this forum (Top tips for Silverlight Issues with watching BT Sports) but without any result.

Then I recalled that for technical reasons I had to force monitor detection for Intel HD graphics and to do so I had to make Windows 7 think I have 2 displays (even if I only have one), the second display being an extension of the first one.

So bottom line, windows thikns I have 2 displays and this seems to confuse Silverlight.

As soon as I switch back to single display (press Windows + P and select "Computer only" in the pop-up), BT Sports work !!

So if you do have multiple displays (or if like me you're making Win think you have multiple displays), switch to single display to watch BT Sports.

@Forum moderators: you may want to make this sticky or to add this in the existing sticky post describing how to fix issues.

MaX.

PaddyB

Re: VC 019 - found a NEW solution !!

Hi HornetMaX,

Thanks for posting, great advice :smileyhappy:

PaddyB

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
litchy66

You are a star Max. I've spent weeks messing around trying to solve this problem.
Aspiring Contributor
HornetMaX

litchy66 wrote:
You are a star Max. I've spent weeks messing around trying to solve this problem.

It was driving me crazy too, then all of a sudden the doubt came and ...

MaX.

X0X
X0X

I was also having the VC019 issue and eventually I worked out it was because I'd disabled my laptop speakers (to play to a bluetooth device). Haven't seen this posted anywhere so hopefully it will help somebody. It would be good if a mod could collate these...

Beginner
Cumbrian

Anyone know how to sort this out on Windows 8.1.tried everthing mentioned on the forum but nothing works.i can see everything on my tv via wifi exept bt sport.come on bt sort this out.Cumbrian

Distinguished Expert
legitimise_sailing

Try a different browser. Chrome works best for me on Win 8.1
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

I couldn't get any joy with W8 on any browser, despite trying every known cure. Eventually found one which I hadn't seen reported by anyone else; in case you missed it have a look here.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Beginner
Cumbrian

Get no joy with any browser,pottyperson tried your idea,that didn't work either.Why is it only BT sport this happens to.looks like i will have drag a HDMI cable across the room to watch bt sport.i wish they would get this sorted.i assume they are aware of it.Thanks everyone.Cumbrian

cmbrooks7

HELLO I HAVE HAD THIS VC 019 ISSUE FOR SOME DAYS NOW

I NEED HELP TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS HAS SUDDENLY HAPPENED AFTER THE ONLINE PLAYER HAS BEEN WORKING PERFECTLY FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS? 

I HAVE A MACBOOK PRO AND OFTEN USE THE SPLIT SCREEN (via HDMI CABLE) FEATURE.

PLEASE HELP!! ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED