Beginner
fofogato
Accepted Solution

Want to watch sport on my laptop!

Hello, I have a question.

I like the look of the sports package that BT are set to offer, and would not mind signing up for it. I would like to watch Brazilian soccer, for instance.
However, I have just moved flat and there is no TV aerial nor landline. BT have quoted me £120 to sort the TV aerial out, but the property owners take their time when it comes to doing repairs.
Is it possible for me to pay a certain amount each month, and just use the app and watch streamed sport and other channels through my laptop, for now? I am finishing my mobile broadband contract too, so are open to switching to BT broadband. Is a TV ariel completely essential, and will I have to wait to get one?
Please advise, I want to look at being a customer in the near future, and though there is a lot of information online I kinda cannot see the wood from the trees right now.

Thanks,

Mick.
Beginner
fofogato

Re: Want to watch sport on my laptop!

I think my question has been answered in a way - I see an app is available from August 1 - but what do I do about watching BT channels until then?
Contributor
carlj64

BT Sport launches 1st August - nothing to see till then. I'm waiting as I've an Android/google tv dongle connected to my hdmi.

Expert
skappy70

To watch any of the two BT TV offerings you need an aerial to view the Freeview channels available, are you sure there isn't one anywhere in the flat? For the On demand or BT Sports element you'll need a Broadband product, if you get BT Broadband or Infinity the online/app. is free to use and with Infinity you have the choice of BT Sports on the TV via one of their BT TV boxes..

Expert
MartinH

Cant you use an indoor aerial? 

Beginner
fofogato

The current aerial wires have been cut from the receiver on the roof, and need fixing.
Thanks Martin, a few days ago I realised that an indoor aerial might work, in my previous address across this building it was impossible to get a reception so this may well not be the case now. I will look into that possibility very soon.
Paying for the app alone, will that be possible?
Thanks for all your advice so far, I have a far clearer picture of things and can understand more about what is on offer and what this means in practice.