Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor

Windows 8.1

Today, I updated to Windows 8.1 and BTSport worked straight away.

It never worked before with all the tips and suggestions made on these forums.

Contributor

Re: Windows 8.1

Dont worry, give BT a few days and they'll f*** that platform up aswell

Distinguished Guru

m4ttgtr wrote:

Dont worry, give BT a few days and they'll f*** that platform up aswell

Or maybe it was a problem with the computer all along.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Contributor

I installed Windows 8.1 yesterday. BT Sport worked fine with 8.0 but todaywhen it is loading up Silverlight, IE just stops working and crashes.

Aspiring Contributor

No problem with computer, Potty. Silverlight worked on other websites. I did have to mess about on 8.1 with IE but it worked straightaway on Firefox, which I tried first.
Distinguished Guru

I meant the computer as a whole including the software. If it worked after upgrading the OS, doesn't that suggest something in the previous set up? Anyway, the important thing is that it's fixed - hope you got to see today's game, which was entertaining.Smiley Happy

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Contributor

For anyone else that has issues with Silverlight crashing, I ran the Microsoft Fix-it patch mentioned in the Silverlight thread and it seems to have resolved it.

Aspiring Contributor

Potty,

It is tempting to suggest the computer set up but it was only with BT Sport that had any Silverlight errors.

What I would really suggest is that BT had probably rushed their development and made some poor choices. The fact so many have had problems would confirm that. Most people know little about the system set up of their pc and rely on it to just work. BT's attitude is that it is the customers at fault for having a huge range of pc's and operating systems.
Aspiring Contributor

[ Edited ]

Smiley Frustratedthe same happened for me, unable to get it to work before 8.1 now working easily.

also all is working ok through my ASUS RT-N66U, so all in all am very happy.

Paul

I have got the monster update to Windows8. I hope it might improve things. I wanted to watch the Newcastle match on Saturday, and tried, on my pre-update but reinstalled system. When I had signed in a few times, and clicked I don'tknow how many buttons marked PLAY,I got the error message about Microsoft Silverlight, so had to install that. The a few more log ins, andwatched the first half, which worked. I wanted to see the end, as it was very close, but forgot that I have two IE10s running, and tried on the wrong one. Much more signing in, another install of Silverlight, before eventually getting there. It was just as well there were several minutes of extra time or I would have missed it, as it took so long to get there.

Michael