Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Beginner
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

BT Extra Channels

I recently upgraded my account, the Fibre aspect is taking a time to sort but apparently I should still be able to play the Extra Channels I'm paying for but they won't work. I've seen that previously there has been someone that helped people out on this forum. I literally just need the Extra Channels adding to my account apparently. I'd love some help, because calling BT has got me no where, they just ask that I that I reset my box.

0 Ratings

Re: BT Extra Channels

@ryedog_uk I'm sorry if your fibre broadband is not working the extra channels won't work as they are provided over the broadband connection. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Beginner
0 Ratings

This contradicts what I have been told over the telephone from the BT call centre, apparently if BT Sport is working fine, which it is, then the Extra channels whould be working as well. 

Hence them taking me through a myriad of tests to try and determine why they were not playing. 

0 Ratings

@ryedog_uk I'm really sorry if I've caused any confusion, they will work on copper broadband in certain circumstances.  Your exchange needs to be multicast enabled and the broadband speed you receive needs to be over 5.2Mb. 

What speed are you getting at the moment?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Beginner
0 Ratings

I'm currently getting about 13MB.

BT TV Expert
0 Ratings

Hi @ryedog_uk,

Unfortunately you were mislead Smiley Sad

Sorry about that, but there is a technical reason.

It all comes down to how we deliver the service and over which technology.

We have a small sub-set of channels which require minimum bandwidth which we can enable on Copper lines but others which require a greater bandwidth.

Because of the bandwidth limitations and the way we configure the service, we only choose to deliver channels such as Comedy Central etc on a Fibre connection with at least a connection of 16.5Mbps.

That means regardless of your speed on Copper, you simply couldn't get them to play.

This is also another reason why the channels have not yet been added to your account, to ensure you are not paying for something we couldn't deliver to you.

I hope that we your Fibre connection up and running ASAP.

BT TV ExpertDarrenW
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.