Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
0 Ratings

BT TV to be or not to be.

I need to vent my spleen over the service that is called BT TV but for me usually isn't.

I had a BT Vision box that more often than not would not display BT Sport channels. It would either diplay no BT channels at all or tell me that I needed to subscribe. I am a subscriber. First time this happened I was told to re-register when the service failed, which I did and it worked every time. No one could explain why this was necessary. Then BT in its wisdom changed the settings screens which made re-registration impossible and resulted in phone calls lasting from 30 to 60 minutes to get the service back. Last time I called I was told that the problem was fixed for good.

As the BT Vision box was not being supported after end of May I got a YouView Humax box. I set up the box and bingo all was ok. Today i switched the box on and no BT sport channels. Spend an hour waiting/talking to BT tech support(?) without success. Was told I would get an email with instructions for sorting the problem, I'm still waiting.

In desperation I reset the box to factory settings, retuned and got the BT sport channels.

Think I'll leave the box permanently on so as avoid a repeat of this farrago.

For me the BT TV service is abysmal.

Expert
0 Ratings

Re: BT TV to be or not to be.

If you had posted here first plenty of people on here could have posted instructions on how to reset the box and maintain your recordings as this is possible with youview.
Contributor
0 Ratings

Well the question is, should it be necessary to mess around with the box to get BT TV again once it is set up?

BTW I haven't even tried to use the recorder yet.

Expert
0 Ratings

You show me a box that never has issues. You won't be able to. Not every single box ever made from every provider are are perfect far from it.