Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
0 Ratings

Box Won't Record Since Software Update

I've just noticed that my box (the ultra hd version, DTRT 4000) has received a software update to version 27.50 and 2 things have happened, all my scheduled recordings have gone & I can no longer record anything, either instantly or by scheduling it at a later point. I turned the audio signals on and the box is beeping when I press the record button, so it seems to be receiving the command, but nothing else happens. I can still set a reminder with the remote OK button, but get no response at all to the record button being pressed.

I've tried retuning & also the maintenance mode reset while keeping the recordings, but all to no avail... Don't really want to do a hard reset losing the recordings as the box is nearly full. Man Frustrated

If anyone has any ideas (other than watch everything then do a hard reset!) I'd be grateful!

BT TV Expert
0 Ratings

Re: Box Won't Record Since Software Update

Hi J00n,

We've had one other report of this and that customer tried a factory reset which didn't return the functionality.

I'd love to get the box back from you but fully understand it's full of recordings that you don't want to lose.

Thinking of how I could help without much to tell you this early into an investigation... I could ship you another STB and enable extra-box on your account so that you can schedule rescordings on the new STB whilst watching the old ones? This isn't ideal I know, but may help you get through until we can figure out where the problem is occuring.

Regards

Steve

BT TV ExpertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Beginner
0 Ratings

Hi Steve, that would be really helpful, if you could arrange that I would be grateful. Please let me know how to proceed...!

Highlighted
BT TV Expert
0 Ratings

Drop me a PM with your account number and I'll post one Smiley Happy
BT TV ExpertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Beginner
0 Ratings

Hi there. Has anyone got a fix for this problem as im experiencing the same issue. I've tried reset and keep recordings but didn't work. I also tried software update and that just seemed to mess up the remote control.
I've jut started maternity leave and was 'saving' some of my recordings so don't To lose them but now I can't record anything else. I think the problem started for me on 28th Aug and must've been automatic software update as I didn't manually select anything.
Appreciate some help, thank you!
0 Ratings

Hi

I'm also getting the same problem on my Humax DTRT2100 - it started in the past few days. Has there been a software update that might have caused it?

Like MikeFishCake had on this thread, the blue light on the remote comes on when pressed but nothing happens. My scheduled recordings have also disappeared. There are no error messages.

I've done a soft reset and a factory reset (keeping recordings) but this has not fixed the issue. I've reset the remote, tried recording from the Youview app, deleting programmes, pressing record on the box itself... but none have worked.

It's pretty frustrating so any help would be much appreciated please.

Thank you!