Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
0 Ratings

Bt Youview UHD Box Output?

As the question says can anyone please state what the box outputs at is it 4,4,4 or 4,4,2 or whatever it is as I have connected mine to my Panasonic ex700b 4k television and the on screen 4k direct option is greyed out,apparently the option is only available when it receives the signal mentioned above

Thanks

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: Bt Youview UHD Box Output?

A UHD box can output both 8 and 10bit colour at 2160p/1080p/1080i/720p. Nice TV, btw.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/chroma-subsampling

Contributor
0 Ratings

Well apparently it doesn't output at 4,4,4 or whatever it's called as I've had three different Panasonic tv's and none were able to process 4k pure direct which is only accessible with that input.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

MikeN73 wrote:

Well apparently it doesn't output at 4,4,4 or whatever it's called as I've had three different Panasonic tv's and none were able to process 4k pure direct which is only accessible with that input.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you mean by the term '4k pure direct' as its a term I've never heard before.

Is your TV HDCP 2.2 compliant?

Contributor
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

4k pure direct is a option on my Panasonic 50ex700b,I have been told for it to be activated that it needs a 444 input signal and that apparently the youview box doesn't have it,it would make sense as used have had two other Panasonic's that are unable to activate it when using the youview box,not a big problem as bt only has one uhd  4k channel anyway.yes my tv is 2.2 compliant 4k and HDR.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Sorry Mike, I'm not familar with that make and model of TV and so can't comment further. And I still don't know what pure direct means. 

Contributor
0 Ratings

No problem the description it says on the tv's option that is greyed out says "reproduces the original image quality for 4k input" I'm lead to believe that youview doesn't have the correct output hence why it's unavailable.Thanks for your help anyway.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

@MikeN73 I don't have the uhd box but I do have a Panasonic tv (50dx750b) and on the menus I have a setting called "hdmi auto setting" which has 'Mode 1' & 'Mode 2'. It relates to how the tv handles the colour gamut from a 4k uhd source. Might be worth a look if you have that option on your particular Panny model.

@Keyinferno The '4k pure direct' option on a Panasonic tv "reproduces the original image quality in detail for 4k (hdmi) input signal" (quoted from my TVs manual).

@MikeN73 You are probably correct in your assertion that BT/Youview does not utilise 4.4.4 hence the '4k pure direct' option being greyed out.

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

Keyinferno wrote:

https://www.avforums.com/threads/panasonic-vt50b-1080p-pure-direct-mode-question.1837960/

'1080p pure direct' and '4k pure direct' are two entirely different picture options.