Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Re: Failed Recordings

I looked at the YouView link and yes it could be a result of the broadcaster not supplying the start signal.Yet my neighbour who has the same box although branded Humax and without the Youview software did manage to record Dr Who which failed on mine.

I would suppose that his box used the same start stop signals that YouView use from the broadcaster.Which only leads me to think there is a glitch in the YouView software.

Contributor

mentonman wrote:

I looked at the YouView link and yes it could be a result of the broadcaster not supplying the start signal.Yet my neighbour who has the same box although branded Humax and without the Youview software did manage to record Dr Who which failed on mine.

I would suppose that his box used the same start stop signals that YouView use from the broadcaster.Which only leads me to think there is a glitch in the YouView software.

Good reasoning, so long as the neighbours Humax is not a satellite unit - my last PVR was the Humax HDR satellite unit, I must say that missed recordings were almost unheard of compared to the Youview unit, I'm inclined to belive its a software issue - or that the Youview unit is less resilient to reception glitches (essentially just a different kind of software issue).

Recognised Expert

[ Edited ]

the problem is not related to just BT supplied boxes, users with retail boxes (myself included) have had failed recordings on the youview platform. I had set Merlin to record the last 2 episodes over xmas and both these failed on my retail box.

I'll also check my BT box to see if any recordings failed on that as well.

Luckily I have a humax freesat hd+ box and the recording worked fine on that

One thing I did notice tonight with the retail box after setting match of day to record, i then tried changing channels (from within the guide) and initially it wouldn't have it, kept saying about the signal but if exited guide I could change channel without problems

Beginner

I am having massive problems with failed recordings too. Can anyone help? One strange thing happens too, if I switch on my box from standby while a programme is set to record then it will start recording! Missing the start of the programme. Does this mean I need to keep my you view box on 'blue' the whole time? It is very frustrating missing many great programmes especially when they are not available on demand.
Recognised Expert

Greavesgrooves wrote:
I am having massive problems with failed recordings too. Can anyone help? One strange thing happens too, if I switch on my box from standby while a programme is set to record then it will start recording! Missing the start of the programme. Does this mean I need to keep my you view box on 'blue' the whole time? It is very frustrating missing many great programmes especially when they are not available on demand.

you need to keep the box in low-eco mode or on to be able to record - if set to high eco-mode then it will take 2 minutes to boot, so yes you may miss the start of the program you wish to record.

On checking my BT Youview box for the scheduled recordings over xmas, these worked fine, so set another schedule on my retail box and will check outcome tonight

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've only just got my YouView box (infinity install tomorrow fingers crossed) and tried to watch the F1 review program which I had set to record but had a failed recording. I have had about half a dozen recordings prior to this without problem.
I think I saw on the program info that the program times were 1415-1415 - it should have been 1315-1415. Perhaps the start signal was not transmitted correctly?
It would be nice to have the ability to set recording times manually so that you don't have to rely on the broadcast signal.

Edit: just realised this is a year old thread!

I posted this on the Youview community site 2 weeks ago and did not get any answers there. -  "I have set recordings several times over the last 4 days and all have failed. Last night it was Kirsty's Crafty Christmas on channel 4 and The Romanians Are Coming BBC1. Krirsty program shows as part recorded but only has 1 minute of recording and BBC1 program shows as failed in the recorded list. I notice whilst watching TV via the youview box on Sunday that the set froze when it started a scheduled recording of another channel, not sure if this is a connected problem. My box specs are;

Humax DTR T1000

Software - 15.11.0
Component - 2.1.14
Platform - 714
ISP - 76"

Whilst I was away over Christmas I set up 3 recordings, one shows 'part recorded' but only has 3 mins, one shows as 'recorded' but freezes during 2nd ad break (25mins in) and the last I have not had time to check. I also have the pink/purple screen of death issue and the box was freezing during 4OD use and ITVplayer use. To summarise, recordings fail, on demand fails and box freezes during normal viewing. Is there any point in continuing with this box?

SRB
Aspiring Expert

Out of interest, are you all using one transmitter for reception ? Are there duplicate channels in the 800's for example?
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two aerials, one picking up London, which is the stronger signal, and one pointing to the South/Meridian transmitter.  I haven't checked the YouView box to see whether it has stored any in the 800 channels, I know the TV has.  I will check the YouView later.

I had two more failed recordings on Friday night - University Challenge and James May.  Strangely, although the box rescheduled the recording for the repeat of James May on Sunday, it didn't set it on BBC2 HD.

Contributor

I checked and I only have a few '800' channels:

800 ITV

801 ITV+1

802 BBC1 South

803 ITV HD