Do you mean 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

Re: Failed YouView Box

Disconnect the HDMI cable and see if it powers up
0 Ratings

Hi @AV8or I have sent you a PM please check it.

Thanks

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Hi JohnC2,

PM received. Thanks very much for your help.

I'm sorry I missed your call, we have been away for a few days - family wedding.

Of course I will keep you posted with how we get on, thanks again for your assistance - it's very frustrating when technology doesn't do as it should.....

Regards AV8or

0 Ratings

Hi @AV8or Hope you had a good time at the wedding. Have you received the new Youview box yet?

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Hi John,

Box arrived yesterday, not had a chance to do anything with it yet - been at work.

Will fire it up tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

So far so good....

New box installed and working (although it did need a second try to start..). All chanels including UHD working as advertised.

While I am optimistic that this may have cured the problems so far encountered we have been here before so I will reserve judgement until this box had been functioning for a week or so and there are no further instances of the box turning itself off and random recording failures.

That said, I would like to say that the Mods on this site have been exceptionally helpful and without their assistance I would still be at stage one tearing my hair out.

My opinion on the quality and reliablity of the BT supplied hardware so far is best not printed.....

I'll be back with a further report after longer term testing!

JohnC2 - thanks again for your help - it's appreciated!

Hi @AV8or Thanks for the update and so far so good. Will wait for your post next week to make sure all is OK.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

A (hopefully) final post...

Well, the new (third) box has been installed and running for over a week now and, apart from freezing up once, has been working as designed. We are still getting used to some of the software - which can be less than intuitive - but at least we are getting something for our subscription.

Interestingly when I went to the Post Office to return the last box the assistant said "ah, I recognise that wrapping, that will be a BT box - we get a lot of those being returned."

Thanks again to all who offered help and especially the Mods on this site who must find themselves pushing the proverbial uphill at times! Thanks guys - keep up the good work!!

Yours

AV8

0 Ratings

Hi @AV8or Thanks for posting back and I'll close the fault now. As you say hopefully this is the last time you have to post on this issue but if problems pop up again do come back to the forum and we'll be happy to help.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”