Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Free Youview box for new BT infinity customers

Does anyone know how to get the free youview box for new BT infinity customers?   Ordered new service on 12th Dec and called in later to check how/when I'll get the Youview box.  The CSR told me that I had to call after the broadband was installed to arrange to get the box and I would have to pay £5/mo for the TV service but according to the BT site, it's supposed to be free for BT infinity customers and £5/mo for other broadband customers (+ the £49 activation fee for all customers).

As I understand it, the offer ends 31st Jan but my infinity broadband is not scheduled to be installed until this Friday, 1st Feb (after a whole lot of aggravation, wasted time, incorrect info and failed follow-up by various BT reps).  I'm afraid if I call in afterwards, I'll be told that I missed the deadline to get the box and/or I have to pay the monthly fee even though I'm a BT infinity customer.

Since BT phone reps have been unreliable, can anyone provide info on this?  Thanks for your help:smileyhappy: 

Aspiring Expert

Re: Free Youview box for new BT infinity customers

As far as I know you can only get it free if you sign up as a new customer to both services at the same time?

I wasn't aware I had to do this when I signed up.  So you're saying even though my line isn't installed yet and I'm a new customer, there's no way to get this if I didn't add this at the time of order even though I know this offer was active when I signed up?  When I signed up, there wasn't an option to add free TV service for 12 months for Infinity so I didn't add the service offered at £5.  Would BT really use loopholes and technicalities to avoid providing something they've offered and put up billboards everywhere to promote? 

Aspiring Expert

If the bt reps you've spoke too couldn't give it to you, I suspect you can't do it. But you could try emailing the mods on this site to check as I could be wrong
Guru

The CSR told me that I had to call after the broadband was installed to arrange to get the box and I would have to pay £5/mo for the TV service but according to the BT site, it's supposed to be free for BT infinity customers and £5/mo for other broadband customers (+ the £49 activation fee for all customers).

Do you have a link to the BT site page that you used and were there any terms and conditions notified on that page ?

Aspiring Expert

Really? I have just ordered Infinity and I had hoped to get a youview box in the post but I didnt? Do I have to sgin up for both services.. I am a new customer to Infinity btw...

Guru

Hi, you ordered Infinity. Did you order the Youview Box as well?

Aspiring Expert

Nope.. very misleading BT is..