Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

The plot gets stranger  The DTR- T1000 / 80B08500 appears on the Youview website to be the only BT box not to be getting the latest version 28.26.0 All the Humax boxes have got it and all the BT Retail boxes includung thel DTR- T1000 / 80B08530 are now shown as in progress.

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

philbaldry wrote:

The plot gets stranger  The DTR- T1000 / 80B08500 appears on the Youview website to be the only BT box not to be getting the latest version 28.26.0 All the Humax boxes have got it and all the BT Retail boxes includung thel DTR- T1000 / 80B08530 are now shown as in progress.

As already said by others (including myself).  I would phone BT, outline the issues and request the newer DTR2100 as a replacement. 

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

I'm not sure whether BT's TV offering has got worse including the woeful update or if terrestrial TV has got better but I am seriously thinking of cancelling subscription TV when my contract ends. My freesat box has all round better PQ and I can barely fund time to watch all the BBC stuff I want to.

I spent a good 15 minutes last night looking at all the stupid tiles trying to find something I really wanted to watch and couldn't, even though the 1 terabyte disc is 99% full.
Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

... Finding it really difficult to keep track of new series, when they can't even be bothered to advertise the fact. The stupid picture tiles are a total distraction IMHO, they use the same thumbnails for multiple series' .
Contributor
0 Ratings

Jim-lad wrote:

philbaldry wrote:

As already said by others (including myself).  I would phone BT, outline the issues and request the newer DTR2100 as a replacement. 

Thought I ought to give YouView another chance first.  They did craft a lengthy reply rabitting on about HTML5 but the content could be summarised as "we haven't got a clue".  I've now pointed out that distributing software that disables functions without owner consent is malicious code.  They're probably having a sulk right now IF that is they understand the point.  

Contributor
0 Ratings

Well mentioning malicious code seems to have had an effect.  Another email zings in and it's good stuff.  Not sure it's fair to copy and paste email text so the key points are

• A very strong indication (effectively a promise) that BT supplied DTRT-1000 boxes will get all the updates :-)

• And almost as strong an indication they will fix jump to start time 

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

Let's hope that jump to start time is going to be tested soon then by Youview. It certainly isn't near that stage yet from what I hear. Maybe BT can get Youview to push it up the schedule a bit quicker.

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

srpsrp wrote:
... Finding it really difficult to keep track of new series, when they can't even be bothered to advertise the fact. The stupid picture tiles are a total distraction IMHO, they use the same thumbnails for multiple series' .

I'm finding tiles very easy to use, especially series links following the 28.26 update.  Even our dog is using them now to find his doggie programmes on C5? Remeber the old saying 'a good workman never blames his tools'. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

I seem to have got the 'miracle' latest update that fixes all of one problem a day or so ago. The trouble is I currently can not view any recorded programmes at all, my recordings are failing, all the picture tiles are blank and even the live internet channels have stopped working.

This seems to be the same as when I got the last update, does this mean that we have to soft reset boxes with each update ? If so why don't they fix a few more problems before issueing an update.

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

That's strange as I've never needed to do a soft reboot after any updates. That being said, if it was a computer, then usually a restart is the most effective way of applying those updates and clearing any junk left behind. Maybe it's something that could be implemented into future updates whereby the box reboots after successfully updating the software.