Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Beginner
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Just joined BT Sports 4kUHD using UltraUHD STP but can't install BT Player to load it

Just rec'd 2nd STB but still can't install BT Player to show BTSports 4KUHD. Error messages BTP-202, 115a etc. BT Hub working well and connected to STB. Don't need terrestrial aerial because I've Sky Q full Sports package. All I want is IPTV on STB for BT Sports 4kUHD. Can anyone help before BT Engineer arrives on Friday?
Guru
0 Ratings

Re: Just joined BT Sports 4kUHD using UltraUHD STP but can't install BT Player to load it

Hi, BT Sports UHD is on channel 433, not BT TV Player.

Stew

Beginner
0 Ratings

Re: Just joined BT Sports 4kUHD using UltraUHD STP but can't install BT Player to load it

Hi guru, My mistake. I did try channel 433 but this message came up: To watch this you'll need to set up BT Sport 4K UHD. Press ok for more info. Pressing of gave "loading" Then blue screen BT TV is "loading" Followed by blue screen showing: Sorry, we're having trouble connecting to your BT TV subscription channels at the moment, error code "BTP-202"
Guru
0 Ratings

Hi try this. If it doesn't work report back here and we will get a mod involved.

Stew

Beginner
0 Ratings

Hi guru, I've already used this facility but got nowhere. However, I've reported back to BT 1st line support team and they've been trying for 2:30 hrs on the phone with me trying all manner of settings before giving up and decided to sent a replacement STB. This 2nd STB had less problems during setup procedures but eventually came to the same error message. Support team then decided an engineer would be best send out to resolve it for tomorrow morning. Hope the person will have enough experience of this error to resolve it or has direct contact with the development team back at HQ to support him on site. I hope you can understand if I've very little confidence in this product and its engineering both hardware & software. I've worked in the IT world for 30 years and this problem suggested to me a rushed attempt at UAT before releasing it to the unsuspecting customers. I now have a little more respect for the Sky product development team as I had none of this problem with their Sky Q products. Their products have already done away with power line connectors to communicate with their STB - true WIFI.
BT TV Expert
0 Ratings

Hi,

Those two error codes are both around HTTP connectivity to various servers. How is the STB connected to the homehub? To get to that error message your STB must have some connectivity but maybe on an unstable link or powerlines?

Steve

BT TV ExpertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Beginner
0 Ratings

Hi,

STB is connected to BT Hub via powerline connectors supplied by BT. Incidentally, my Sky Q STB and Sky Q Mini are connected to the BT Hub without powerline connectors, just simply wifi but still maintained stability from day 1.

BT STB connection to BT Hub has been stable so far - experiencing no anomalies thank goodness. Internet connections are also very good from day 1 for all my connected devices via wifi. No complains there at all!

The only elephant in the room is: I don't need and is connected to the terrestial tv socket, which the installation process keeps asking for each time. The service I bought is IPTV for BT4kUHD so I don't expect this non connectivity to have an inpact.

What will cause unstable connectivity between BT STB and BT Hub using BT powerlines connectors?

0 Ratings

@New4kUHDuser88 can you check with the second box connected directly to the Hub in order to rule out the powerline adapters?  They send the broadband signal over your internal electrical wiring which can sometimes cause problems. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Beginner
0 Ratings

BT Engineer visited today and fixed the problem. He replaced the 2 powerline connectors just in case that contributed to the problem. He joined the BT STB power plug to the front of the powerline connector and both plugged into the same 3-pin socket. This configuration works as I can now receive BT Sports 4kUHD using BT remote control and pressing the Guide button before choosing channel 433. Thank you Luke the engineer.
0 Ratings

Hi @New4kUHDuser88,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad to hear the engineer was able to help Smiley Happy

Cheers

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You