Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: Latest improvements to YouView

What they should have done was make sure it all worked before putting it to market. But they didn't. They should have done proper and full compatibility checks before hand and I doubt if they did that. Lots of these big corps do it these days. Do just enough work to get it on the shelf and then let everyone else do the fault finding for them... Millions of people not on the payroll, but still working for them.... They should give out these boxes for free because they ain't worth a cold cup of p***.
Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

BiggMatt187 wrote:
What they should have done was make sure it all worked before putting it to market. But they didn't. They should have done proper and full compatibility checks before hand and I doubt if they did that. Lots of these big corps do it these days. Do just enough work to get it on the shelf and then let everyone else do the fault finding for them... Millions of people not on the payroll, but still working for them.... They should give out these boxes for free because they ain't worth a cold cup of p***.

Mine works fine and from the low number of people who post on these boards complaining I believe so do the boxes of the vast majority of users. I think you are confused between what is a properly functioning PVR and your own personal preference as to features you would like to have in place. 

Expert

Mine isnt quite as good as a year ago when it had features like 'step to specified point' in a recording, one could edit recording options to include/exclude episodes in a Series, turn off the whole Series etc - oh and actually display the day of the week !

Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

speedtrip wrote:

Mine isnt quite as good as a year ago when it had features like 'step to specified point' in a recording, one could edit recording options to include/exclude episodes in a Series, turn off the whole Series etc - oh and actually display the day of the week !

Quite agree.

I have one Ultra HD box on NextGen & one on OldGen so I can compare the 2 directly - absolutely hate NextGen.

Contributor
0 Ratings

TimCurtis wrote:

speedtrip wrote:

Quite agree.

I have one Ultra HD box on NextGen & one on OldGen so I can compare the 2 directly - absolutely hate NextGen.

I don't and nor do many others and thats not even 50/50.

Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

Keyinferno wrote:

TimCurtis wrote:

speedtrip wrote:

Quite agree.

Your view/opinion is just as valid as mine, regardless of any statistics.

At some point I will probably ditch Youview in favour of a Freeview Play box that gives the option of tiles or lists and padding etc.

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

TimCurtis wrote:

Keyinferno wrote:

TimCurtis wrote:

speedtrip wrote:

Quite agree.

Your view/opinion is just as valid as mine, regardless of any statistics.

At some point I will probably ditch Youview in favour of a Freeview Play box that gives the option of tiles or lists and padding etc.

I have just got Freeview Play on our new TV and I'm not liking it at all.  I find it slow to load up and laggy in use.  Give me Freesat EPG, Youview or ordinary Freeview EPG any day.  The Freeview Play platform appears to be yet another work in progress.

Contributor
0 Ratings

The honest fact is, according to internet forums, the grass is alway greener. But it never is. 

Expert
0 Ratings

it is if you dump what you though was horse manure on it only to find you have dumped poison.
Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

Keyinferno wrote:

Quite agree. I have one Ultra HD box on NextGen & one on OldGen so I can compare the 2 directly - absolutely hate NextGen.

I don't "hate" next gen either, for what it's worth.