Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
0 Ratings

Mobile devices

Hi all, since my UHD box did the last update I can not set a remote record from any of my phones or tablets. I have tried removing it from the box and then re syncing them but it still doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem or can help me out ?

Thanks, Chris.

Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

Re: Mobile devices

[ Edited ]

which app are you using   Youview or BT TV  on  your phone/tablet  ?

what actally happens when you select a program to record using the app on the mobile device ?

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

I've got exactly the same problem - the ability to set a remote record has vanished from both my iPad and iPhone. I've tried repairing both, no joy. BT TV app, latest version.

There's an even more fundamental problem - searching is broken. For example, if I search for a programme in the app I know is showing that I want to record, I get no results. But it's there; I can find it in the grid view. Even then, no option to remote record.

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

PS: Just re-installed YouView app. That's working fine for both search and remote record.

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

PPS: Only affecting certain channels, eg TalkingPicturesTV.

Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

@Seamaster  Thanks for raising ...    can you expand upon the list of channels that you are experiencing the problem with .. ie any others than Talking Pictures.

my impression is that there look like there are issues with  Talking Pictures and True Christmas with setting recordings via the schedule in the BT TV app . 

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

I'm not in a position to check every single channel for you, but I note another thread drawing attention to new-to-Freeview channel PBS America is similarly knobbled:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Cannot-remote-record-PBS-America/td-p/1802170