Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Beginner
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Netflix - Just stopped working!

Hi all

So Netflix has always worked fine with my BT you view box however all of a sudden it wont connect just spins and then tells me could not connect to Netflix!!! all other devices work in the house (and yes I've signed out of all of them)

Done a hard reset on both router and box - Reset the you view box back to its factory settings

Still no joy all other on demand/now TV work fine, Netflix have pointed me back to BT to say it must be my you view box, can any one help as this is are main source of viewing!

When i do a network check with the Netflix app it ticks that it has connected to all the servers and the test was a success.

Help.........

0 Ratings

Re: Netflix - Just stopped working!

Exactly the same for me all started about a week ago very strange.  Netflix stopped working on Youview box, Panasonic TV + Panasonic Blu Ray player + Panasonic Blu Ray recorder.  Just starts to load and then times out telling me there was a problem connecting.  Very occasionally it does connect when retry but infrequently.   No problem with internet connection averaging about 40Mbps and the test to Netflix servers all pass fine.  No problems with Netflix on Xbox, PS3, PC and I Pad and absolutely everything else works fine. No problems with the extra TV channels even in HD and all kit reset. 

Expert
0 Ratings

How is your YV box connected to your HomeHub - a wired connection or powerline adaptors?

If the latter see: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/netflix-buffering-problems

If you have reset the YV box have you updated the software to the latest version?

Contributor
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

Same issue here and have been waiting to see if others highlight a similar issue.  Mine does usually connect after a few minutes and after 'try again'.

After rebooting and resetting without success, I went into somewhere within settings, on demand apps I think, and noticed there appears to have been some sort of update as at 25 January which I believe will tie into when the issues commenced. Could be related?

My connection is wired.

Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

I can get into Netflix choose a programme but while it is actually playing there is just a black screen.

I am at the end of my tether with this service and will cancel at the end of my contract which is sadly October.

Everything else works.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Expert
0 Ratings

stuartrogerson wrote:

I can get into Netflix choose a programme but while it is actually playing there is just a black screen.

I am at the end of my tether with this service and will cancel at the end of my contract which is sadly October.

Everything else works.

Do you pay for Netflix directly or via BT?

I have a subscription to Netflix directly and this works fine on my YV Ultra box and via the app built-in to my TV.

Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

Separately and it plays fine everywhere else.

Just done a hard reset and it is work again.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings

Hi @hmolehill@GerryMc and @jdh235,

Thanks dor posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the Netflix service. If you're still not sorted can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

My netflix (not through BT) has stopped working through you view. It says can't connect even though the diagnostic tells me the connection and server are fine. My android devices also tell me 'could not load data'. However the Xbox one and 360 are fine, as is the laptop. Spoke to netflix who told me turn off router etc etc but no luck. On Googling it some people are suggesting it is to do with the BT outage last week breaking something. Will ring netflix back. Or can anyone help? Thanks.
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

there have been a few threads about this issue collated here https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Netflix-connection-error/td-p/1585681