Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Beginner
Accepted Solution

Re: Multiroom Help

[ Edited ]

I have just had the exact same problem. I have UHD with total entertainment and i have an older BT HD youview box which i want to use as a multiroom unit. Spoke to two people in Newcastle none of which had any idea of what i was asking to do. How difficult can it be to sell a customer an HD subscription to enable the second box which they already have connected to a second TV and connected to the network (actually watching iplayer on it as i type).

Please please can some one help with what i think is a very simple and basic request.

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get help from the community, so please watch this thread for updates.

Original thread for reference https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Multiroom-Help/m-p/1730162#M34979

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Beginner

Thanks for that Keith, much appreciated.

Guru

I believe what you are seeking is TV Everywhere  with Extra box (subscription only).

a moderator will probably post guidenace in the morning.

@JimW1650 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

Hi @JimW1650,

Thank you for taking my call. I'm glad that we got the extra box service added to your account and I'm happy to hear it working well. Please accept my apology as it did take longer than expected.

Cheers

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Beginner

Hi Paddy

Thank you so much for the time and effort you have put into this. Hugely appreciated.

I will outline everything here in the hope that it helps others.

What i had,

a UHD box with every channel except sky + Infinity 1 (also had an out of contract HD TV box without subscription)

What i wanted,

all of the above plus a subscription for the HD box (i am not the first person to have thought this would be a simple call to the first level customer sales team)

anyhoo, here's what Paddy informed me,

1st no problem at all to have your old box enabled with a subscription (no need to fork out another £100 on yet another tv box).

There are some restriction, if i wanted to have my 4K channel plus a second box with HD i would need to move up to infinity 2 (i could have 2 x HD boxes without 4K channel with infinity 1). So we then moved up to infinity 2.

Moving to infinity 2 resulted in a new problem, broadband speed was not as good as it could be. This all happenend during the easter holiday while i was anyway enjoying the beach and sun. Got back from holiday to find that the Paddy had logged a support ticket to get the speed sorted out and that everything was now good to switch on.

Got a call from Paddy (exactly as promised) day after i returned from holiday to advise me that the speed is fixed and the 2nd subscription has been enabled. Got home that same night went to second box and TADA all channels working perfect.

downlink speed is 79.99Mbps uplink speed is 12mbps (yes uplink speed is a bit short of the 20mbps but it is plenty)

Ran the ultimate test, 4K channel playing fast moving sport + recording an HD channel on the UHD box + playing HD sports channel + recording HD channel on th HD box, while playing iplayer on one tv while playing netflix on another tv and streaming a movie from my own plex server on the same network to my mobile phone over 4G.

outstanding customer support with the only input needed from me was to go and get sun sea and sand.