Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Guru
0 Ratings

Sky Sports Main Event content

I am concerned about the content being broadcast on this channel. for example  why is there no  live sport scheduled to be shown on this channel from 11pm  through the night tonight  (Saturday/Sunday) The program Through the Night is scheduled every hour from 11pm until 7am.

for example why is the ATP Rogers Cup  2nd semifinal  which Sky are televising live in the 1am to 3am slot on another of their  channels not being shown on Sky Sports Main Event ?

Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: Sky Sports Main Event content

[ Edited ]

You'd need to direct that question towards someone at Sky. The only thing Sky have guaranteed will be shown is the EPL games Sky show. It was always going to be a bit channel for other sports. I do understand your question though as there are days coming up which are almost exclusively Sky Sports News content. I'd rather watch the world tiddlywinks championships than be subjected to sky sports news hour after hour.

Guru
0 Ratings

Padding the schedule with repetitive Sky Sports News programming is understandable when there is no live event  in progress as will occur quite regularly .

However what we have here is an example where the channel is showing this repetitive  news programming at a time when Sky has  rights to live programming of other sports and appears to have decided not to make that available to the Sky Sports Main Event . 

I did contact Sky before posting but effectively was unable to get my complaint registered .

Contributor
0 Ratings

Agreed @zulu17 but you'll find in the days and weeks ahead that there will be more occasions when they are filling the schedules with SS News whilst there are other live events taking place on some of their other channels. I can understand it to a point when there is no live sports available, but last night/this morning was only the 1st of many times they are prepared to bore us to death with SS News rather than show live sport.

On an aside, instead of continuous SSN programming, why not stick on some of the filler they have available on there other channels? At least it would add a bit of variety to the Main Event offering.