Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager

Will my YouView or BT Vision+ box from BT work if I decide to leave BT?

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

From time to time we see questions coming up on the forum from customers wanting to know if their BT TV box will work, if they cancel their BT TV subscription.  We thought it would be useful to create this sticky thread to clear up any confusion.

1.  Will my YouView or BT Vision+ box from BT work if I decide to leave BT?

Yes, Freeview channels will still work on these boxes but any Extra TV channels you signed up to from BT will stop working.  You won’t be able to watch any On Demand programmes from BT, but on a YouView box you’ll be able to watch programmes from any of the other On Demand players.  Do bear in mind though that if you no longer have a BT TV subscription, anything you watch on your YouView box may count towards your Broadband Usage Limit.

2.  Will trick play (fast forward, rewind and Pause) and Record still work on my box after cancelling TV subscription with BT?

Yes, these functions on your box will still work as expected.  Cancelling your subscription will not affect these functions.

3.  Will I lose all my recordings if I cancel my BT TV Subscription?

You will lose recordings for any of the Extra TV channels from BT.  Recordings from Freeview will remain in place.

BT Vision classic

We've now switched off the Classic BT TV (Mediaroom) platform. This means that the Vision Silver set-top box will no longer work.  All customers on this old platform will lose the following functions of their set top box,

• VOD library
  • Catch Up TV
  • Any recordings they have
  • Future programmes, a customer has set to record in the future, won't work/record
  • Customers will get a CO2 or a CO3 error message
Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You