Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

YouView Boxes fails to find any coaxial aerial channels despite many many returns

Hello

This is my second issue with BT and my first post of what I suspect will be many.  This is day 8 as a new BT customer.  I converted from 9 years as a sky customer who thought their customer service was poor!

The first issue was converting my f-type connector to coaxial. No adaptors or convertors provided by BT.  The convertors cost me 0.52 pence!! Really BT!!

Day 8 and I still do not have all channels avaliable through my youview box.  Pre BT/youview my aerial was working and had been for years.  I converted my F Type connector to Coaxial and successfully connected to the relevant port on the youview box.  Many scans and re-scans later and the youview box fails to find any channels (BBC1, 2 etc..)  The cable is less than 3 metres, is not shared or spluit with any other TV or device.  The only channels I am getting are the ones I am subscribed to and this is through my BBand.

I have read and re-read all instructions to eliminate my mistakes. I have searched the message boards and have seen old posts about poor quality cables, youview boxes needing exceptional strong aerial signals which cannot be boosted etc.  Anyway I haven't found any relevant 2017 posts, I am expecting my new youview box to be at the latest firmware.  My cable run is short, not shared or boosted, no other devices in the way and it worked and still works if I regress to pre youview configurations.  So I am of the opinion this is a faulty youview box which I need to return.

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert

Re: YouView Boxes fails to find any coaxial aerial channels despite many many returns

If you was a Sky customer then the cable with the F-Type was from your dish not an aerial!!
Contributor

Re: YouView Boxes fails to find any coaxial aerial channels despite many many returns

[ Edited ]

Hi,

As the other post, can you confirm that you have connected your BT box to an external aerial, and not your old Sky Dish which is what you imply.  r, are you using the previous Sky cable and connecting the other end to a aerial?

There is no need for an F connector to connect the BT box to an aerial, hence why they're not supplied