Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

YouView remote

Are there others out there who are having trouble with their remote responding to instructions. Mine has stopped working completely. Ok BT are sending me a new remote. Hoever I should like to know if this is a common fault. I have changed the batteries and gone thro all the checks with the BT help desk. Bt it has been so frustrating with the buttons not responding when pressed. Please let me know your experience!

Aspiring Contributor

Re: YouView remote

support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/My-remote-isn-t-working-properly-1370864315112/?q=my-remote-isnt-working-properly&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

My YouView remote doesn't connect with my YouView box, so when I switch on the box manually and get to the screen where I have to press "ok" to start scanning for channels, I can't get any further because pressing the "select" button (no "ok" button on my YouView remote) does nothing.

I've tried all the suggestions to reset the remote. I'm hoping that it's simply because my YouView hasn't been activated or something, so will try again tomorrow.

Otherwise any ideas?

Guru

[ Edited ]

skenzie -  does your remote have a Youview button on it  ?

Reason I ask is that the BT Vision remotes have a Select button  whereas the Youview remotes (both Humax and BT) have  an OK button.

The Youview remote should look like one of the two shown here

or 

My remote is like the one on the right, but instead of "ok" the button says "select", otherwise it looks the same.

Tried again this morning but no luck, still not making contact with the box.

I'll phone them later on tonight as I have to go off to work now. Let me know if your new remote works or you find any "magic" cure!   

Just had a thought, maybe I'll try one of my old BTvision remotes if I can find it.

Guru

Just a thought - Is there  any plastic film covering over the front of the youview box which might block the remote signals ?

Nope,  I think  I got all the film off.

On the phone to BT now, will let you know what they say.

Ok, spoke to BT help and they said I should press the TV button. I said there was no TV button on the remote. He then asked if there was a PVR button. I said no, but there was a purple button called BTVision, at which point he decided I've been sent a BTVision remote instead of a YouView remote...... hmm...

Anyway, getting a YouView remote sent out within the next couple of days, so hopefully it will connect this time.

Will let you know how I get on!

[ Edited ]

Zulu17, just studied your pictures of remotes again. AFter speaking with BT and being told I had a BTVision remote instead of a YouView, I realise you had already pointed out the differences!.

Anyway, I'm getting the correct remote sent out to me.