Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
0 Ratings

Youview Box BBC Regions

Hello all

I am not sure if this have been posted before so apologies if it has.

With a Youview box if you live in England can you get other BBC1 channels such as BBC 1 Scotland ?

Thanks

D

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: Youview Box BBC Regions

mccallud wrote:

Hello all

I am not sure if this have been posted before so apologies if it has.

With a Youview box if you live in England can you get other BBC1 channels such as BBC 1 Scotland ?

Thanks

D

No, your region is set by your postcode, and you would also have to be on the Scottish border to even receive the signals.

Some regional programs are available on the BBC iPlayer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information for BT Residential Broadband connections only.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

The Freeview channels you receive on Youview are determined by those available on the transmitter that the Youview box is tuned into. But as Keith advises BBC Iplayer does offer more choice both on demand and for live broadcasts.

live broadcasts from ALBA should be available via the BBC Iplayer on Youview. (S4C also available for Welsh language fans ... although the advert breaks are not transmitted)

also The BBC Iplayer on Youview does currently allow you under BBC iplayer > Settings   > Settings & Help > Other Settings  to Change Location where you can elect to choose Scotland  ( or Wales or Northern Island  or a number of English regions  or the Channel Islands) .

So if you select Scotland I would expect that you would be able watch live  broadcast  via the BBC Iplayer for the Scottish  variation of the BBC live channels. .

Contributor
0 Ratings

Ah right ok thank for the info