Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Youview box remote

My Youview box (less than one year old) has stopped working with the remote and will only function with the control buttons on the box itself.  Remote appears to be working (blue light flashes) and have performed a reset on the controller.  Strangely I can’t persuade the box itself to go into maintenance mode and reset itself.  When I switch it off and back on the red light appears but pressing the down button on the box only activates the wake-up mode and no maintenance option appears.  When woken up the box refuses to accept any signal from the remote.   Thoughts?

0 Ratings

Re: Youview box remote

Hi @Alan921 and thanks for posting.

Have you tried changing the batteries in the remote? I had a similar problem where the batteries had just enough power to make the remote light flicker. Changing them out fixed it for me.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Brand new batteries in the remote.  It just seems the box won’t respind to the remote and I find it strange that it won’t go into maintenance mode but insists on just “waking up” after power-down..

0 Ratings

Thanks for confirming that @Alan921.

We'll need to take a closer look at this for you so please drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Duly sent David.  Thanks.

0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

Hi @Alan921,

Thanks for sending over the details. I tried calling this evening, sorry I missed you. I can see you've been sent a replacement box, I hope that resolves the issue for you. I can appreciate how annoying it might be to lose the recordings on the faulty box but if there are any other problems please let me know and I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers

David

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”