Expert
walkerx

BT Youview and Now TV

Been looking on the comparison between vision and youview and notice bt mention now tv on-demand service.

would I be right in thinking that if someone watched this service it wouldn't count towards your broadband usage.

Beginner
RossD

Re: BT Youview and Now TV

You're correct, Now TV will not be counted toward your useage as long as you have the BT Vision subscription

Thanks

Ross

Expert
walkerx

[ Edited ]

Well going to see what they say when phone to cancel vision when back from break.

If allow me to then take youview through them I might, depending what they can offer me and if at reduced price, otherwise will buy from high street retailer as have unlimited usage on infinity

Expert
walkerx

[ Edited ]

Removed as mobile version posted to wrong thread

Aspiring Contributor
byattbrown

I have had NOW TV on top of my BT Vision for just over a week and just found I went over my usage in a few days, must have used nearly 20GB . :smileymad:

I checked again (new month) and used 2.46 GB in one day.  This has to be NOW TV as I checked when I first had the box and BT Vision does not show up.

DONT get caught out, NOW TV does count to you allowance.  :smileymad:

Contributor
Gonemad1

Pretty much thought that would be the case!, even after seeing one or two mods posting it was excluded from your monthly allowance.
People are gonna go nuts when they get their bills. Another likely slot on Tv's Watchdog programme for Bt then by the looks of it!. 

Expert
walkerx

It looks like you have to be on the full youview pack for now tv not to count. But if on unlimited infinity you should only need box and no sub to bt for tv.

Aspiring Contributor
byattbrown

I am on the unlimited subscription and it counted on my usage, so much so I went over last month without knowing and get charged. :smileymad:

Expert
walkerx

@byattbrown sent you a pm
Beginner
MarkyG

I am also on unlimited and my usage has shot up. According to all the info on the BT website any on demand content will not count towards your broadband allowance. It appears to be totally misleading! Can we have some clarification please BT?