Beginner
easybreeze
Accepted Solution

New Youview STB?

Hi,

Just seen the BT website (TV main page) and it seems to show the Youview box with a BT logo on the righthand side and possibly the whole unit looks slights smaller... Can anyone confirm if BT are now using a new box? 

All the other pages show the Humax box although they look very similar.

I am looking to upgrade from BT Vision but would rather get a new box that I believe is due, hopefully it'll be like the talktalk box which is passive cooled rather than noisey fans.

Thanks

Aspiring Contributor
jeffrey700

Re: New Youview STB?

can you give me the link to the page you saw it on , as i can only find pictures of the Humax box

Beginner
easybreeze

Hi ya... just http://www.bt.com/

It's the same look to the box but logo is different and maybe smaller but tbh, never seen the box in real life.  The one in the new BT advert has the BT logo too.

Expert
drhowells

Hi, thre is no YouView box on that link.
Expert
walkerx

[ Edited ]

drhowells wrote:
Hi, thre is no YouView box on that link.

agree - the only box i see is the standard black bt vision box

and when you click on tv the image at the top is standard humax youview box

Beginner
easybreeze

[ Edited ]

youview.JPG

That looks like a Youview box to me, but with BT branding.  The top looks to have more of a rounded edge but as I say, never seen one in the flesh.

Contributor
kryten22uk

Is BT going to start to issue the new 1TB Humax box instead of the current 500GB one?
Aspiring Expert
TimSmedley

Easybreeze - I have compared the picture to my 4 week old BT box and both the proportions and shape are spot on - its a standard BT branded Humax box. The box I have is near as **bleep** it silent - certainly never heard a fan!

Kryten 22UK- lots of talk about the new bigger drive probably from people who want one - nothing official has been mentioned. Whatever size box you get, if you already think you will fill 1TB then in due course even that will be too small for you!

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tim

Aspiring Expert
Colin_London

Originally the Humax was only going to be supplied by BT as a stopgap before the Pace boxes were ready, so they just used standard 'out the factory' unbranded units.

I would imagine now that the Pace deal has been binned (due to unreliability with the Pace box) that BT have done a deal with Humax as their main supplier and that they will start to be able to provide BT branded units. I think they'll also want to start supplying remotes with BT button on at some stage.....

Beginner
easybreeze

Thanks Colin and especially Tim regarding the noise level of the box, very useful :-)