Aspiring Expert
TrickyDicky

Sky Sports Day Pass

Does anyone have an idea when the Sky Sports Day Pass will be unlocked on the Youview/BTYouview platform ?

It seems you can now get it by virtually every platform bar Youview which is, to say the least, 'a bit of a very poor show'.

Some events (and whole day listings on Sky) are worth splashing the cash if it's the only way to see it. For me today's NPower Championship play off final (featuring my home town) is a point in case.

Come on Youview and BT ........... !!!!!!!!! Stop coming 2nd and 3rd

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert
zulu17

Re: Sky Sports Day Pass

Believe that the Sky Sports Day pass is only available currently with Now Tv - so probably best ask them direct as what their intentions are.  They (Now Tv) do not currently stream live channels on Youview which means no live broadcasts of their movie channels or the sports channels only on demand movies.

Aspiring Expert
TrickyDicky

My point was that according to ITV adverts recently Sky had 'unlocked' Now TV so that you could have monthly contract for the movies and Sky Day pass for equipment such as Ipad, Laptop, Xbox etc etc list went on ....... but Youview was not included, so I wondered why ................. seemed just about every other method of watching was ok.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert
TrickyDicky

In passing I did fire back a question via their tweet advertising the same on Twitter .........

Expert
walkerx

TrickyDicky wrote:

In passing I did fire back a question via their tweet advertising the same on Twitter .........

the current reason for no sky sports pass on youview boxes is because there is no facility to provide the live streams as of yet - this is the same reason why BT have not been able to supply any of their linear channels on the platform.

Hopefully come August we may see more stuff arriving, we'll just have to wait and see

Aspiring Expert
Colin_London

It's also not public, but suspected that Talk Talk and BT customers wouldn't be allowed to buy access direct from Sky (BT & Talk Talk are Youview shareholders and want their customers to buy Sky access via them).

This would leave Sky selling one-day passes only to retail box purchasers, which are a small minority and not worth the outlay in investment to get it working.

Expert
MartinH

[ Edited ]

Colin_London wrote:

It's also not public, but suspected that Talk Talk and BT customers wouldn't be allowed to buy access direct from Sky (BT & Talk Talk are Youview shareholders and want their customers to buy Sky access via them).

Not so, there's no way BT or TalkTalk could stop NOW TV or any other provider selling to their customers via YouView, it's an open platform which anyone can join and sell to users on.

Once the software is updated to support streamed channels, NOW TV will be free to add sports passes and live sports channels if they wish to offer them to YouView households. 

Aspiring Expert
TrickyDicky

I agree with Martin 100%.

Youview is an open platform and neither BT or TalkTalk can start censoring what people can watch in addition to their contracted package with each. It is also clearly not in their own interest to even consider such a move as both may want to make there packages (or parts of the same) available to other youview customers (and Sky in some cases) to help boost their own revenue.

Applying censorship to the platform will kill it ........... I would move the whole lot BB, Phone & TV to a less complicated and more sane place.

Expert
walkerx

I agree if BT/TalkTalk try to censorship the platform it will kill it off.

I want to be able to watch what on-demand content I want, whether it from BT, NowTV or any other on-demand player that might arrive on the network.

If it means me ditching Youview to be able to do that because BT have blocked other content providers then I will.