cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

+1's

Just wondering if I should be seeing any +1s in my channel guide? It's a new box so not overly familiar ...yet . Oh and it's internet only no aerial

Aha. Solved my own question. You don't get them

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/guide/ip-freeview-guide

There are so many guides out there that are not distinguishing between internet only mode and hybrid mode.

So the next question is. Are they coming?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: +1's

The +1 channels (all/majority) are available by going backward in the guide on the main channel. So what would be the point?

Message 3 of 9

@dephead2004wrote:

So the next question is. Are they coming?

I would seriously doubt it.

The various different reports on viewing data show +1 channels get used less and less every year with people either recording a show (also decreasing), or using a catch up app to, er, catch up.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks could you explain that a little more. I have just looked at the app programme guide ( not on the tv guide) and don't see the +1 s by going backwards in time.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

With internet only there are often clashes which come up when you want to record more than 2 programmes and watch a third. A +1 helps break this restriction
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Eventually bt will allow more than one recording in Internet mode.

It's not the box can't do it, it can. Bt have the power to enable more tuners even right now.

The issue is bandwidth.

Someone who only gets say 50mbps starts to record bt sport ultimate and say two more channels has almost maxxed out the connection yet for someone who is on gfast at 200mbps or full fibre at 900+ it would not be an issue. If you were recording just hd/sd it's not so bad. Then we have to think about the people who still only get adsl and sync at say 12mbps. Recording more than two HD streams will easily kill the connection.

I'd be interested in the data on the streams and what bandwidth they use. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

On standard tv ie freeview freesat,  the +1 s are sd so that would help add more bandwidth.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Unfortunately as others have said, +1s don't really help. It also doesn't solve the issue with say recording sky sports, sky max etc.

Besides it's what catchup services are for. 

Message 9 of 9

@dephead2004wrote:

On standard tv ie freeview freesat,  the +1 s are sd so that would help add more bandwidth.

Forget recording capacity or picture quality, the point is, the data on how the majority of people consume TV puts you in an ever decreasing minority.

The only thing that +1 channels are doing is closing. If you want to maximise recording capability and access to available +1 channels on BT TV you are best served leaving it in aerial mode currently.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings