cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikemoyes1987
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

2 more channels in HD

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/bt-tv-adds-universal-channel-and-e-to-hd-channels-package-11364083196...

Just need Gold, Eden, Good Food, H2 and Comedy extra then all the channels in the Entertainment package will be in HD then i think

5 REPLIES 5
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: 2 more channels in HD

Comedy central extra is only in sd.

But apparently good food, Eden, H2 and even Dave (which is on freeview) will be HD in October. 

That leaves TCM,  Boomerang, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, cartoon network, Disney, Disney Junior,  Disney xd to go HD on our subscription package if the ones above happen.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Yes good additions - and good to see that the catchup in BT Player is also now available in HD for these two channels.

Some of the other recent HD additions including Alibi and Watch still only provide catchup in SD on the Bt Player which is rather disappointing.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Although I dont really watch E its good to see two more HD versions of channels.

Hope BT will keep improving its TV service as well as Youview.

Im still on the BT TV Entertanmet Max package.

Darren

0 Ratings
Guitardave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Great news, it's the one area that used to let BT down, the number of HD channels, but it is slowly but surely getting better. I would love to have Dave and Film4 in HD too. Maybe in the future...

Does anyone else have a problem with not all HD channels appearing in the HD filter on the guide though? At the moment Alibi, Watch and Lifetime do not appear in the HD filter, but they do appear in the All Channels list. Very frustrating. It wouldn't be so bad if you could create your own Favourite Channels list, but this doesn't appear possible. Come on BT, please keep the channel filters up to date!

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Guitardave wrote:

Great news, it's the one area that used to let BT down, the number of HD channels, but it is slowly but surely getting better. I would love to have Dave and Film4 in HD too. Maybe in the future...

It's down to the channel owner to agree to supply the channels at a price BT is willing to pay. I agree Film4 HD would be nice, but as the SD version is free to air I suspect BT wouldn't want to pay too much for it. 

0 Ratings