cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pauloooooo
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

2 youview boxes

Sorry if this has been asked already... I bought a youview box from a different supplier and was looking to get it linked up with the same subscription as my mains youview box. I phoned up and they said I needed the by tv everywhere add on so I have added that.

Is that all I need or is there extra
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: 2 youview boxes

Pauloooooo
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I have ready hat and spoke to two different people and they said different things.. Need some clarification
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

The link that Keith posted  together with the subsequent links from that link   should answer most of your questions ... BT generally expect to supply the Youview  boxes for use on their service so to put it simply if you opt for a BT multi room service BT will expect to supply a second box ( and charge accordingly) unless you already have 2 boxes supplied to you  by BT .

Currently it is possible to use your own acquired  Youview box in place of the BT supplied one(s) but logic of the BT systems will expect you to have 2  BT supplied Youview boxes to take the multi room subscription.

Pauloooooo
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

They were quite happy for me to have this one it's been a day and a half since I have been told it will work and I'm still getting this message below.

We've detected that you've connected too many BT TV boxes to your broadband line. To use BT TV On Demand and subscription channels on a second box, you'll need BT Infinity with a fast enough line speed, an Extra Box subscription and two YouView boxes. To see if you can sign up, call 08004320042. You can continue watching Freeview channels as you do today.

If you'd prefer your BT TV services to work on this box only, go to the BT on demand player and select the Rest option. This will disable BT TV services on your other box.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

You need the "Extra Box" add-on to connect two boxes to the BT TV service.

Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

The TV Everywhere is to do with also watching content on additional different devices such as tablets. It doesn't allow you to use two Youview boxes. The Extra Box subscription allows that. Sounds like you were wrongly advised?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

@umpire wrote:
The TV Everywhere is to do with also watching content on additional different devices such as tablets. It doesn't allow you to use two Youview boxes. The Extra Box subscription allows that. Sounds like you were wrongly advised?

BT TV on the Go or TV Everywhere is included with certain TV packages. The only add on for other TV packages that I believe BT sell which includes TV Everywhere is refered  to and shown in the tariff guide as   TV Everywhere with Extra Box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@zulu17 wrote:
BT TV on the Go or TV Everywhere is included with certain TV packages. The only add on for other TV packages that I believe BT sell which includes TV Everywhere is refered  to and shown in the tariff guide as   TV Everywhere with Extra Box.

According to this page the Extra Box subscription also includes BT TV on the Go (have they renamed TV Everywhere?).

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48891/~/extra-box-with-bt-tv-on-the-go

@Pauloooooo,

Possibly Extra Box is what was actually ordered? If so then the additional channels should work on the second box. It's the Extra Box bit that is relevant for that. The BT TV on the Go relates to being able to use the BT TV app on other devices as far as I can see.

Are you able to check the order details through MyBT?

0 Ratings