Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 63

22.17.0 software update

Go to solution

People are saying BT boxes are now updating to software 22.17.0. Is it possible to get an official announcement about this (what about the UHD boxes 🙂 ).

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/software-versions-1373538549511

0 Ratings
62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Message 2 of 63

Re: 22.17.0 software update

Go to solution

Hi Scointer,

We have started a phased software roll out for those with T2100, T1000 and T2200 Humax YouView boxes. 

Manufacturer software: 22.17.0
Component software: 2.10.28
Platform configuration: 1467

What’s New?

A new option called Standby Mode is now available on your YouView box which replaces the old Eco-Mode setting found on boxes with the previous software.  The new option can be found by pressing the YouView Button> Settings> Device Management> Standby Mode.

When in the Standby Mode option there are three settings available:

• Smart Standby
  • Energy Saver
  • Always Ready

We recommend Smart Standby mode as this improves start up times and overall responsiveness of your box.

Other Improvements

• The YouView Help App can now be opened by

o    Pressing the Help Button on the remote control

o    A new Help option in the YouView menu  

o    Pressing Help when an error message appears on screen.

o    A fix to prevent the YVM302 appearing for issues not related to signal quality.    

Cheers,

Robbie

scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 63

Go to solution

Thanks RobbieMac, any idea when the UHD boxes will receive this update as I believe it also contains a fix for the glitchy sound...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 63

Go to solution

Hi @scointer

Thanks for posting back.

We just rolled out a new version of software to T4000 boxes before Christmas to enable Netflix in UHD, so we won't be rolling out any more updates for a while to that box.

All the best,

Robbie
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 63

Go to solution

That's really annoying because it was confirmed that a fix for the glitchy sound was found back in September and would be rolled out in version 22+ software (also confirmed it affected UHD boxes).

The version of software rolled out to the UHD box a few weeks ago was still only V21 software and so the people with the premium box are now going to have to put up with the glitchy sound problem that has been fixed but not released on these boxes for who knows how much longer...this seems incredibly backwards to me...

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Sound-Dropouts-on-Internet-TV/m-p/1513900#M21684

message 24 :-

‎03-09-2015 12h26

Many thanks to everybody who provided feedback to help us identify and resolve this issue. We do read the forums regularly and it's useful when people provide detailed reports to help us.

The audio dropout and stuttering problem can occur very occasionally on all of the BT YouView boxes including the new Ultra HD box. It typically occurs during ad breaks, transitions and end credits when the video is static or has very few changes. This is a relatively rare problem though and I suspect most users won't even be aware of it.

Recordings are unaffected and should never exhibit any audio dropouts or stuttering. 

I'm pleased to report that we have investigated thoroughly and we have a fix in H22.6.0. Unfortunately I cannot confirm when this will be - it may take a while as it is being scheduled with some other changes and the update needs extensive testing before being deployed.

In the meantime, if it affects your viewing there is a very simple solution - just press PAUSE and then PLAY (or REWIND and PLAY if you missed some dialogue). That will resolve the problem completely until you change channel. 

Also

Message 42 :-

21-12-2015 11h34

Hi Everyone,

I don't have an exact date of when the new build will be released Smiley Sad 

I do know that this is currently being tested and once that is complete we will roll it out.  As soon as I know more I will be sure to post an announcement on the community Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 6 of 63

Go to solution

Agree with the annoyance comments above, why does it matter that software is rolled out frequently if the pending release solves known problems? 

If a solution to an issue is available it should be pushed out even hours after a previous release, not held for some arbitrary reason. 

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 7 of 63

Go to solution
Dunno about rolling out frequently - once announced, how long does a specific release take to 'roll out' ? 22.17.0 was announced for BT Humax last week - still no sign of it ......
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 8 of 63

Go to solution
anybody else had the upgrade ??

- I've just fired up the G4 for the evenings viewing and its still on 21.50.50 ....
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 9 of 63

Go to solution

Finger-Tapping smilie ...... Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Razorback
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 63

Go to solution

Had the update on one box a few days ago, still waiting for the update on the other box.

0 Ratings