Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmackay1903
Contributor
Message 41 of 63

Re: 22.17.0 software update

Go to solution

You can get the update by going into the maintenance mode without losing your recordings.

If you can be bothered follow the instructions here for your particular box:

https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1...

Select option 4 - Internet/USB recovery, keep recordings

You will then have to re-scan for your channels and setup your recordings schedule again, but your recordings will still be available in the MyView menu.

speedtrip
Expert
Message 42 of 63

Go to solution
wrong .... many of us have tried that and similar options to force the update ... the simple fact is that as a 'phased rollout' its not presented as available to your box until the schedule releases it ...
0 Ratings
gmackay1903
Contributor
Message 43 of 63

Go to solution

Worked for me.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 44 of 63

Go to solution
Prob cos your Box was already scheduled ....
0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 45 of 63

Go to solution

@gmackay1903 wrote:

You can get the update by going into the maintenance mode without losing your recordings.

If you can be bothered follow the instructions here for your particular box:

https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1...

Select option 4 - Internet/USB recovery, keep recordings

You will then have to re-scan for your channels and setup your recordings schedule again, but your recordings will still be available in the MyView menu.

Thanks for this,after being always told my software was up to date when trying to update it I tried your method today and it worked. Must say I am a bit disapointed with the so called smart Eco mode the latest you can set it to come out of deep sleep mode is 9am so is then on the less economic setting all day, would have preferred at least being able to leave it to sleep until midday at the earliest, how many people want to watch it in the morning! (should really have a 24 hour option to set it to suit your own watching habits). Can't comment on whether the stuttering sound on Internet channels has been fixed yet will know after watching The Walking Dead tonight!

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 46 of 63

Go to solution

Seems to be the longest software rollout so for. Cant remember the other software rollouts taking as long as this.

Darren

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 47 of 63

Go to solution
Me neither !
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 48 of 63

Go to solution
It worked for me too but I lost all my Bookmarks and Playlists in BT Player, tried the Reset BTTV option but no joy, annoying but hey ho 😞
0 Ratings
mikemoyes1987
Contributor
Message 49 of 63

Go to solution
still no update for me
0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 63