cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

2nd TV receiver

Just after some confirmation, if I get a 2nd receiver from BT and pay the £5 monthly subscription I will be able to watch any channel I want irrespective of what is being watched on the main receiver. 

However, if I buy the same receiver from a well known auction site, my understanding is that it will work ok, but I’ll only be able to watch a subscription channel if the main receiver is not using a subscription channel. Is that correct?

If I have to go down the £5 route, is this also a 2 year contract like TV and broadband?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: 2nd TV receiver

You'll be able to watch any channel you subscribe to on both boxes.

Using boxes sourced other than from BT seems to be a bit of a grey area but the 'official' answer is no.

Extra Box is a 12 Month contract

The answers to all these questions and more can be found at https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/can-i-watch-bt-tv-in-more-than-one-room- 
Note that you will have to read down to the bottom of the page

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Thanks. Looks like it’s going to be a non-starter. Doesn’t work with powerline adapters so I can’t watch BT Sport. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

IPC6023 is a bit of a nuisance error which can occur (but not necessarily will occour) when using powerline adapters (a quick search on this forum  for IPC6023 will return plenty of results), but in my experience you can get good results with one box connected by ethernet cable and another one connected by Complete Wi-Fi disc

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

I only have tplink powerline adapters and no WiFi discs.

I’m going to stick with chromecast for the kitchen tv.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Thanks @V_Meldrew for your help here. Just thought I’d report back in case it helps someone else in the future.

In the end I bit the bullet and bought a cheap second hand T2200 on eBay. I connected it via TP-Link powerline adaptors to my router. I initially got a 6023error (I think) which was cleared with a couple of ok’s on the remote.

Since then, no problems with picture quality or sound, and surprisingly I can watch subscribed channels on both simultaneously. So all in all, it’s a success.