cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waygoodr
Message 1 of 4

2nd you view box

Hi subscribed to bt tv ultra 4K had it about 6 months now, walked into my local curry and they had some basic youview boxes for sale thought it would be a good idea for the daughter as a second box in her room, rang bt up to activate a second box and add the £5 a month charge to the account. Only to be told that as I never bought the box through them they couldn't do it, then after asking to speak to a line manager was told no that's fine however you have to have a engineer out to install it a one off cost of £50. I explained to her the box is already installed I just need to add the second box to my account and add the 2nd box subscription, told her it's already installed and ready to go, and if I was having to have a engineer out I'm basically paying £50 to have a cuppa with them. She was addiment that the engineer had to come regardless. Is this right ?? Anyone had any similar problems / solutions all commmebts greatlfully received. Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
ruth554422
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2nd you view box

You can add the second box online without these issues log into my BT then goto TV and click upgrade your TV then on the page that loads click. manage bolt ons then one of the options you eventually get is about adding a second box for a fiver a month. Ignore the bit that says you have to get the box from BT. Once your order completes goto a pay channel on the new box and press OK to setup then after that you should have your pay channels.
0 Ratings
waygoodr
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for your message yes just looked at that will swallow me to add the second box but again it is telling me I have to have a by tv engineer out at 49.99 !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

It is not unusual for there to be little if any price benefit in supplying your own box as BT generally have offers that supply equipment at reduced prices. If you don't take a promoted package you may find that you end up paying for standard activation, setup and installation charges which are part of or discounted with the promoted package but not if you order from the standard tariff.

also be aware that some Tv addon s e.g. the sky sports and sky movies channels cannot  be taken  with the BT extra box add-on. 

0 Ratings