Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iainfk
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

30 day iPlayer

Go to solution

Does anyone know when the Youview+ boxes will get the new 30-day iPlayer?

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: 30 day iPlayer

Go to solution
I think they already have it, as we have the new iPlayer
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

All the Humax Youview  and BT Youview  boxes have the BBC 30 day iplayer  - the talktalk huawei youview boxes do not currently have the latest BBC Player.

0 Ratings
iainfk
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies, but what software version is that in, because mine certainly doesn't. It claims to have checked for software updates today, though the software is dated September (can't remember the numbers as I'm at work)? It's definitely a 2100.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

It wa delivered in the October software update

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Automatic-Software-Update-for-October-2014-which-includes/...

Humax T2100 - Manufacturer Software: 20.9.0
Component Software: 2.8.18
Platform Configuration: 1230

that software has been updated a couple of times since to include Netflix as a new player.

The latest software is I believe

Humax T2100 - Manufacturer Software: 20.9.0
Component Software: 2.8.18
Platform Configuration: 1234

0 Ratings
iainfk
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, I had seen that post but I'm pretty sure I haven't got this version. I wasn't sure what was meant by a phased output - is that days or weeks? Presumably I should have got it by now though (I'm on the Crystal Palace Tx). I'll try another manual update tonight but I did try that a few days back. Any ideas what might stop it (no error was reported, the box just said it was already up to date)?

Iain

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Well assuming your box is powered up and connected to the Homehub it should have received updates since September.

Suggest you power cycle your box.

power cycle: put the box in to standby, then turn it off completely at the back (or failing that the wall socket), wait about 20 seconds, now turn it back on and power it up

0 Ratings
iainfk
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

So I did a manual update (despite the box saying it had already checked today) and the new code downloaded, and I have the new iPlayer! So now I know not to trust the automatic updates. Thanks for your help.