Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

4K/UHD BT TV Box without 4k TV

Hi all,

Hope you're well.

Hoping someone can confirm/clarify something for me.

I signed up for BT TV over the weekend and the kit has arrived which will be activated tomorrow.

They've sent the 4k/Ultra HD YouView+ box, however I have a relatively bog standard older TV which I doubt is compatible for 4K/UHD (as far as I am aware).

I assume the 4k/UHD box that BT have sent will still work OK, I will be able to pick up HD Channels (Including BT Sport), but I just won't be able to pick up 4k/Ultra HD channels?

Thanks in advance,

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: 4K/UHD BT TV Box without 4k TV

Hi @MJR91 

I assume your old TV has HDMI connection as  the  new box   T4000 will not have Scart output ?

You will need to set the HDMI Display on the T4000 to  a suitable display setting that matches your Tv capabilities

eg 720p or 1080i or 1080p

The T4000 could still receive 4k  but you would be telling it to downscale to a lower display setting.

(Note that the preset initial display setting for the T4000 may be higher than your TV capabiliies - that can cause display issues (eg blank screen)  until a compatible setting is set. )

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: 4K/UHD BT TV Box without 4k TV

Hi Zulu17,

Thanks a lot for your response that pretty much answers my questions.

Should have mentioned, my TV does have HDMI ports as I currently use a HD Freesat Box, so as long as I ensure the display settings are suitably changed it will work fine, which is good to know.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Hi @MJR91 

I assume your old TV has HDMI connection as  the  new box   T4000 will not have Scart output ?

You will need to set the HDMI Display on the T4000 to  a suitable display setting that matches your Tv capabilities

eg 720p or 1080i or 1080p

The T4000 could still receive 4k  but you would be telling it to downscale to a lower display setting.

(Note that the preset initial display setting for the T4000 may be higher than your TV capabiliies - that can cause display issues (eg blank screen)  until a compatible setting is set. )

0 Ratings