Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

4oD Crashes BT TV Box

Dear All,

When I attempt to use 4oD to catch up TV on my BT Vision 4K box, it will play the adverts then crash the box, requiring it to be turned off and back on again.

TV OutputTV OutputNo lights on the boxNo lights on the box

I've taken photo's of the output and the box, it only happens with 4oD and only does this after it plays the adverts!!

All of the software on the box is up to date

Any suggestions

Andy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: 4oD Crashes BT TV Box

when did the problem with the All4 player start ?

When the screen freezes  do any of the remote buttons work ... eg EXIT or Close ?

Is this occuring adverts at the start or an advert break in the middle of a programme?

Have you tried a selection of different programmes ?

j

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I haven’t been able to get anything to successfully play on 4oD since getting the box and it happens on all programs.

It will play the first adverts at the start of the show then will do this.

no buttons on the remote or box work, it has to be powered off and then powered back on

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

So if when you start the All 4 Player on your Youview box you press the Help button on your Youview remote you should see the ALl 4 Help&info page displayed . if you tab once to the right so FAQ is highlighted  you should see in the top right hand corner the version number of the App .

Is it App v 6.17.14 or a different value ?

You mention  that this player  I assume when you call it 4OD it is actually named and is displayed as ALL 4 has  never worked  satisfactorily since you got the Youview box. So when did you get the YouView box and does it have a working aerial connection ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Zulu,

After further investigation, the app is ALL 4 (thank you for your correction)... I can also confirm the application is 6.17.14.

However, further diagnosis on my part revealed that when my misses was saying "nothing works on this app" and "it always crashes", the recordings she was showing me was various episodes of.... Bake off and only "Bake Off".

I have spent this afternoon playing a whole host of other shows (which all work) but blow me down, bloody "Bake Off" doesn't work... Get the 4oD logo, get the Amazon Echo teapot... then crash as per the pictures.

So it may well be show specific and not something I would watch but I'm getting ear ache.

The YouView box is a little over a year old and has a working aerial connection.

Any thoughts? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Some channel 4 content is not available online, TVP does not show F1 due to rights restrictions for example.  I wonder if that's got something to do with it. I seem to be having problems with Netflix on my box at the moment I've had to type the username in two or three times and it was crashing although working again at the moment.

I don't know how anyone can put up with using four on demand by the way why would you sit through all of those adverts when you could just record it on Freeview?

0 Ratings