Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 67

Re: 4oD & 5 on demand not working on Youview box

Go to solution

Installed my BT YouView STB today. All up to date according to the menu - [15.11.0 / 2.1.14 / 714 / 76].

When I attempted to load the Demand5 player the first couple of times I was greeted with the following error message YVD5-205. Also the 4oD player I selected content which loaded and then hung for about 30 seconds at the 5 second initial 4oD advert the content was then played as normal.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 67

Re: 4od & 5 on demand not working on Youview box

Go to solution
For me, 4od hangs at the first ad.

Milkshake player (channel 5 kids' shows) just tells me "There was a problem reaching the server" (or words to that effect).

Both players work fine on other devices - it's just the BT Youview box that doesn't work.
0 Ratings
sea_1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 67

Go to solution

I would re-iterate the same- 4od still hangs on the ads; Demand 5 can't connect to server (error message YVD5-205). Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
ironballz
Beginner
Message 54 of 67

Go to solution

Regarding the demand5 app, if I leave it loading for more than 5 minutes (it could be longer) it eventually loads. A speed test on my connection shows as 51Mbps down and 12MBps up so I don't think it is that. The other on demand apps load programs within a few seconds. An on demand program taking more than 5 minutes to load seems quite odd IMHO. I thank whoever is looking into this for us.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Chadwick45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 67

Go to solution
Well one month on, and the issues still persist, had hoped things would have improved over Christmas ....but alas no, access to the full 4OD service is one of the key selling points of youview, it was for me anyway, and I can't help feeling cheated. The service is just not usable at the moment - somebody, somewhere, BT, youview, channel 4 or whoever SORT IT OUT!!
0 Ratings
jtm
Beginner
Message 56 of 67

Go to solution
ALL of the OnDemand Players on Smart TV's out perform those of the ones on the Youview box by a country mile, even the iPlayer which is ok on the Youview box plays better on my Smart TV.
0 Ratings
Overlook
Contributor
Message 57 of 67

Go to solution

Who is responsible for this c*ck up?

Why are BT still taking money from us for the catch up service?

When's it going to be sorted?

Every month, my view of Youview and BT drops another level.......how low can you go......WE ARE CUSTOMERS !!!

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 58 of 67

Go to solution

Hi All,

Please be assured that this is being investigated with the greatest of priority with BT, youview, Ch4, Ch5 and our content distribution partners, with senior engineers working throughout the weekend.

We are narrowing down the root cause of the issue and have made some networking changes to try and mitigate the problems.

Please let me know if you see improvements this afternoon.

Steve

BT TV expertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
ledgie
Contributor
Message 59 of 67

Go to solution

Thanks for the info Steve.

I have just quickly tried a couple of programs on 4oD and Demand5 and they both played without any issue.  Adverts played without any pauses or delays.

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 67

Go to solution

Just tried 4OD & Milkshake, all seems OK now, no pauses or continual timers, fingers crossed, hope it didn't cost too much in OTSmiley Happy

0 Ratings