cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

£6 BT TV for 24 months query

I currently have 500mbps full fibre with just under a year left on its contract.

However I’m interested in signing up to the BT TV deal for existing customers priced at £6 per month.

The only issue with this is that BT have to renew my broadband subscription for another 24 months!

If I were to contact customer services, would they be able to regrade my current package down to the 150mbps package and then sign me up to the £6 24 month deal as above?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: £6 BT TV for 24 months query

You need BT broadband to access BT TV, if you buy BT TV, it re-contracts you (on whatever applicable speed/grade/product), for 2 years.

I guess you can ask them to change your product at the same time as buying BT TV, but it is still a new 2-year contract either way.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@stereohaven 

Yeah I was just planning to downgrade late next year to a lower speed but obviously this would jeopardise that if I were to sign up to TV.

Message 4 of 6

If they let you downgrade from 500 to 150 say, 10 months in (I have no idea if they would), I suspect it would start a new 2-year contract at that point.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@sudosauruswrote:

I currently have 500mbps full fibre with just under a year left on its contract.

It's unlikely you'll be offered a downgrade cheaper, you'll need to wait until you've at least entered the recontract window which is the last 6 months.

If you sign up for a BTTV package, your existing broadband would renew for the same 24 month term, your existing discounts would be reset for the same duration.

It comes down to choice, sign up now for the £6 deal or wait another 3-4 months and hope it's still an attractive offer and if you can downgrade, pick an option that works for you.

Message 6 of 6

@-Richie- 

Yup, gave them a call and they could only knock the price down by £4.99 to the 150mbps package.

Decided to stay where I am - the upload speed I have is the main reason I stick to the 500mbps package.

0 Ratings